PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012   #1
Dromedary

samerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 3731934
Default Mimi C&C

Hi guys

A couple of photos from my last shoot.. I hope you will like. Any comment is much appriciated.

Best regards,

AAH

Old 02-25-2012   #2
Dromedary

jgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1175101
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Mimi C&C

For my taste, number one is the best, though I'm biased towards black backgrounds.

Some people don't like the light spill and wrap around light, but since I have no success at preventing it, all my pics are filled with it! LOL, (I just tell people it's on purpose ).

Cheers
Josh
jgunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #3
Dromedary

samerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorsamerr9 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunder View Post
For my taste, number one is the best, though I'm biased towards black backgrounds.

Some people don't like the light spill and wrap around light, but since I have no success at preventing it, all my pics are filled with it! LOL, (I just tell people it's on purpose ).

Cheers
Josh
the right one is spilled and couldn't prevent it also.. so I made another one on photoshop to show that she is on stage and the lights are all over

Thanks for the comment..
samerr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
✌(◕‿-)✌

_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 6873702
Editing OK?: Yes

Im for #2 but that's just me, love the hair
_Provo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #5
Camel Breath

thcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 59854483

I like 'em both, but it was the 2nd one that knocked me out!

Tom C.

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.
thcofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #6
F1 Camel

Eero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 8600280
Editing OK?: Ask first

#1 I like best the pink color is fun.

#2 there is a funny looking line from bellybutton down , not sure what

Eero Makela is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #7
Llama

shadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 401430

I like the first one, hope she removes the piercing before the bout.
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #8
F1 Camel

Sailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 190863

I prefer the first image, but don't like the flare. The glove on the model's left hand glove is too bright - it pulls the viewer's attention away from the face. You needed to flag the light source on camera right to stop the flare and you can burn in the glove.

The second image is a good example of why the 45 pose almost always looks better, even if the subject has a slender and well toned body. You also chopped off the model's left leg at the knee. It is better to crop between joints.

Canon 7D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Tamron SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Nissin Di866, Electra CLASSIC Plus studio strobes & modifiers
Sekonic L-358 Flash Meter, Yongnuo RF-602 Transmitters & Receivers
Dell 20" 2001F (1200x1800) IPS monitor, Samsung SyncMaster 23" F2380 (1920x1280) PVA monitor, Datacolor Spyder3Elite for monitor calibration
Sailor Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #9
Camel Breath

patterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 3731824

Yes, flags or gobos or whatever you want to call them, something to block the light from hitting the lens but not the subject...shouldn't be too hard.

"It's all meaningless unless you know what it means"- Unknown
patterfr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #10
Dromedary

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Provo_ View Post
Im for #2 but that's just me, love the hair
Quote:
Originally Posted by thcofer View Post
I like 'em both, but it was the 2nd one that knocked me out!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eero Makela View Post
#1 I like best the pink color is fun.

#2 there is a funny looking line from bellybutton down , not sure what
I saw that line, but it is natural, i thought of removing on PS but then I decided not to.. I'de better do in future cases.. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
I like the first one, hope she removes the piercing before the bout.
Yeah..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Blue View Post
I prefer the first image, but don't like the flare. The glove on the model's left hand glove is too bright - it pulls the viewer's attention away from the face. You needed to flag the light source on camera right to stop the flare and you can burn in the glove.

The second image is a good example of why the 45 pose almost always looks better, even if the subject has a slender and well toned body. You also chopped off the model's left leg at the knee. It is better to crop between joints.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patterfr View Post
Yes, flags or gobos or whatever you want to call them, something to block the light from hitting the lens but not the subject...shouldn't be too hard.
I really appriciate the helpful advice, will take in consideration on next sessions.. Thank you..

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion »

Share this topic: