PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012   #1
Vicuna

adriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4876
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default A colorfull experiment

What do you think ? , or

Thanks

Old 02-24-2012   #2
Vicuna

Anton2wheels has a spectacular aura aboutAnton2wheels has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 190
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: A colorfull experiment

I'm afraid I don't 'get' where you are trying to go with this one. I appreciate the attempt to do something different and applaud you for it but it doesn't do anything for me. Perhaps more/stronger lighting might add something? I think the folds and creases in the translucent sheets are distracting too - sorry!
Anton
Old 02-24-2012   #3
Vicuna

adriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to beholdadriehulsbos is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4876
Editing OK?: Ask first

ok, tnx
adriehulsbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #4
F1 Camel

Sailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 186062

I saw something like this by some well know photographer, just can't remember who. Apparently he used a sheet of translucent plastic for a light diffuser then had his model pose behind and in contact with it before starting to tear holes in it to frame parts of the model.

The only thing I see wrong with your execution is the model is a bit underexposed and the plastic is in-between wrinkled. It's somewhere between smooth and a crushed look so it simply looks messy.

Canon 7D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Tamron SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Nissin Di866, Electra CLASSIC Plus studio strobes & modifiers
Sekonic L-358 Flash Meter, Yongnuo RF-602 Transmitters & Receivers
Dell 20" 2001F (1200x1800) IPS monitor, Samsung SyncMaster 23" F2380 (1920x1280) PVA monitor, Datacolor Spyder3Elite for monitor calibration
Sailor Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #5
Dromedary

jgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjgunder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1175101
Editing OK?: No

It's cute.

Makes me think of Dexter, but it's cute.

Josh
jgunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #6
Camel Breath

thcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthcofer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 58830022

Nice shot, interesting idea. I'd have to agree with Sailor about her being underexposed and you might want to go with plastic that is either free of creases/wrinkles or full of them.

Tom C.

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.
thcofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #7
Camel Breath

patterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 3688403

ALl this dramamtic effect but the lighting on her face is underexposed and sort of ho-hum.
I think more dramamtic facial lighting would make this much more interesting.

"It's all meaningless unless you know what it means"- Unknown
patterfr is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion »

Share this topic: