PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011   #1
Guanaco

Rick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 255386
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Tonicia

Here's Tonicia wearing Monkey Wrench clothing. Comments on colors?

Knowing is not understanding. Me.
Rick D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011   #2
Guanaco

Rick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick D. strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
Default Re: Tonicia

Bueller?

Old 06-10-2011   #3
F1 Camel

Sailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 190863

What's not to like? I love the way you used the background colors to match and complement those of the dresses.

Just out of curiosity, did you find the backgrounds as is, make them, or Photoshop them in?

Canon 7D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Tamron SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Nissin Di866, Electra CLASSIC Plus studio strobes & modifiers
Sekonic L-358 Flash Meter, Yongnuo RF-602 Transmitters & Receivers
Dell 20" 2001F (1200x1800) IPS monitor, Samsung SyncMaster 23" F2380 (1920x1280) PVA monitor, Datacolor Spyder3Elite for monitor calibration
Sailor Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011   #4
Guanaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Blue View Post
Just out of curiosity, did you find the backgrounds as is, make them, or Photoshop them in?
The orange and red walls were already painted that way and when I saw Tonicia in that outfit I couldn't let her get away without posing next to it. The Yellow wall was actually orange that I changed to yellow in CS-5.

Old 06-10-2011   #5
Alpaca

dbrown54 will become famous soon enough
CamelKarma: 72

Both photos are great. I like the colors in both pictures, they have that sort of Miami feel to them
dbrown54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011   #6
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

wolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 157783785

Love the colors, Rick !!
Old 06-11-2011   #7
Guanaco

Thank you gentlemen.

Old 02-25-2012   #8
Llama

shadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorshadowman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 401430

The colors compliment the model's skin tones more in the first photo. Nice images.
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #9
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

Bobby Deal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobby Deal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobby Deal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobby Deal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobby Deal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobby Deal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobby Deal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobby Deal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobby Deal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobby Deal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobby Deal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 17204317
Editing OK?: No

I thinks the photos are great and your use of background to create artistic color stories is well done. My only concern is you mention the designer name of the clothing which leads me to believe the shots are meant to flatter the clothing. If that is the case I think the coordinated backgrounds actually compete heavily with the clothing for the viewers attention and as such lessen the impact of the shot if fashion display is the intent.

MY SMUGMUG GALLERIES

Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops

"The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"

"Woman is proof the God does not build in straight lines"Bobby Deal 2012
Bobby Deal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #10
Guanaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Deal View Post
I thinks the photos are great and your use of background to create artistic color stories is well done. My only concern is you mention the designer name of the clothing which leads me to believe the shots are meant to flatter the clothing. If that is the case I think the coordinated backgrounds actually compete heavily with the clothing for the viewers attention and as such lessen the impact of the shot if fashion display is the intent.
Hey Bobby, thanks for your reply and you are exactly right, which is why we shot the ads on a gray seamless using strobes but Celine (owner of Monkey Wrench) let us play with her clothes for some fun stuff too.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion »

Share this topic: