PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010   #1
Dromedary

dwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1483
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Day of the Dead Girls

Something a bit different but I didn't know where to put it. I know some have seen several of these elsewhere. Feel free to critique the photography.

Lead Photographer/Producer: Dwight McCann
Second Photographer/Assistant: Mike Mesikep
Body Painter: Samantha Bohn
Models: Rebekah Sutcliffe & Rosie Hammers

There are a couple of more on my website: Day of the Dead Girls: Dwight McCann Digital Imagery: Live Entertainment Photography for the interested student.

Old 10-26-2010   #2
Alpaca

Murf is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 41
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Day of the Dead Girls

Interesting. I like the colors and lighting.
Murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010   #3
Vicuna

Dasher is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 45

Hard to believe that with only a few days to Halloween that there have not been more comments on this series. Great makeup job, and the shots are very good too. Only nit is on #8 you might want to clone out or heal the body hair on the models arm.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #4
Dromedary

OdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 45802

Just a wonderful series. Very inspirational, thanks!
Old 11-01-2010   #5
Dromedary

dwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Interesting. I like the colors and lighting.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
Hard to believe that with only a few days to Halloween that there have not been more comments on this series. Great makeup job, and the shots are very good too. Only nit is on #8 you might want to clone out or heal the body hair on the models arm.
And I just noticed that one of the images is 'Photo of the Week' ... guess it's just not an interesting topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdzBodkinz View Post
Just a wonderful series. Very inspirational, thanks!
Thank you. I think you're right on the arm hair although it doesn't bother me which must be why I left it, but smooth skin would be more of the fantasy.
dwightmccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #6
Camel Breath

BambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 54136237
Editing OK?: Ask first

Great makeup and images. Favourites are #1 and #7.
BambersImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #7
Guanaco

Atlas is just really niceAtlas is just really niceAtlas is just really niceAtlas is just really niceAtlas is just really niceAtlas is just really nice
CamelKarma: 624

They are all very good, but that BW is just amazing. Well done to all involved
Canon EOS 5D MKIII
Canon EOS 7D
[URL= http://www.justnicephotography.com/[/URL]
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #8
Dromedary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BambersImages View Post
Great makeup and images. Favourites are #1 and #7.
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
They are all very good, but that BW is just amazing. Well done to all involved
Interesting ... I like the B&W a lot but haven't gotten constant comments that the grain is too much ... although I think it is exactly right! LOL.
dwightmccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #9
Former Camel

imagei will become famous soon enough
CamelKarma: 95
Editing OK?: No

Question ?

Is there any specific cultural designs for the make up or did your MUA just get creative ?

Are there any Authentic / Cultural patterns and / or designs or is it just freeform make up ?

This is neat stuff for sure ! Cool Idea !
imagei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #10
Dromedary

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagei View Post
Question ?

Is there any specific cultural designs for the make up or did your MUA just get creative ?

Are there any Authentic / Cultural patterns and / or designs or is it just freeform make up ?

This is neat stuff for sure ! Cool Idea !
The general look/design of these images seems to have existed for some time ... Google Images "Day of the Dead" ... I am under the impression that it is a Mexican celebration:

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion »

Share this topic: