PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010   #1
Alpaca

magical images will become famous soon enough
CamelKarma: 58
Editing OK?: No
Default Model Sweet Cindy

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Camel. There are some fantastic images and information on this site. I'm enjoying my time here. I'm looking to improve my photography so please give me some feedback, good or bad, both are welcome. I had a shoot last weekend with a really cute model. Here are a few samples from our sets.

Thanks in advance.
Mark

Old 03-07-2010   #2
Guanaco

forceofnature is a glorious beacon of lightforceofnature is a glorious beacon of lightforceofnature is a glorious beacon of lightforceofnature is a glorious beacon of lightforceofnature is a glorious beacon of lightforceofnature is a glorious beacon of lightforceofnature is a glorious beacon of lightforceofnature is a glorious beacon of lightforceofnature is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1130
Default Re: Model Sweet Cindy

Very pretty model. Like all but the second image the black net sleeves take away from the image in my opinion.

Wonder rather than doubt is the root of knowledge
--Abraham Joshua Heschel
Polish American Rabbi
forceofnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010   #3
Llama

mjp321 is just really very very nicemjp321 is just really very very nicemjp321 is just really very very nicemjp321 is just really very very nicemjp321 is just really very very nicemjp321 is just really very very nicemjp321 is just really very very nicemjp321 is just really very very nicemjp321 is just really very very nicemjp321 is just really very very nicemjp321 is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 35232
Editing OK?: Ask first

Great model and very nice work by you!! On #4, I'm bothered by the hair across her neck and I think there should be some more space/separation between her right arm and body (and you might attempt to flatten her stomach a little bit in Photoshop too), but otherwise, I really like your style!! Keep it up!
mjp321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010   #4
Alpaca

studio39photo is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 32

all are nice but the B&W is great, very soft. very sweet
studio39photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010   #5
Dromedary

dwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of lightdwightmccann is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1483
Editing OK?: Yes

These are nice but I guess we're all "bothered" by something ... for me it is the line from her undergarment horizontal across her belly. Did you "haze up" all but the last? I like it on the first but not the rest.
dwightmccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010   #6
Alpaca

Thanks to everyone for the feedback so far, I truely appreciate it.

dwightmccann: the line across her belly? do you mean on the white dress shot? yes, i did use a softening technique on all the images, some at a higher opacity than others. i like a very soft skin look......

studio39: thanks for the comments. i do like the b&w shot the best also.

mjp: i agree with everything. she is a great model, a real sweetheart. nice eye catching the piece of hair. i totally missed it. should be easy to clone out. i had a fan blowing on her hair during that set, that one strand must have gotten loose. the space between her arm and body is def something that needs corrected in the next shoot. i'll make sure i tell her about it to improve her modeling as well.

forceofnature: i do agree, she's very pretty. as far as the black sleeves, her choice of wardrobe, i really don't have an opinion on it either way.

Thanks again everyone...
Mark
magical images is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010   #7
gjb
Vicuna

gjb is a name known to allgjb is a name known to allgjb is a name known to allgjb is a name known to allgjb is a name known to allgjb is a name known to allgjb is a name known to allgjb is a name known to allgjb is a name known to allgjb is a name known to allgjb is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 2204

#1 is my favorite. Gorgeous shot and processing. Well done.
gjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010   #8
Alpaca

Thanks gjb. Seems to be the favorite of those I posted so far. I do agree with you.
magical images is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010   #9
F1 Camel

bill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1071992

While they are all fantastic in my opinion, and while #1 is a stunner, I have to say i'm very partial to the last. Very natural look.. She's a beautiful model and you look to be a talented photographer. Welcome to the camel and thanks for sharing... Looking forward to some more

As always C&C welcome and appreciated

Cam: Nikon D300s, D90
Lenses: Nikon 18-135, 70-300VR, Nikon 300mm 2.8 AF-S, Nikon 50mm 1.8G AF-S, Nikon TC14E-II, Tamron 90mm 2.8
Nikon 12-24 f/4G, Nikon SB-600 Flash
Manfrotto 393

My Flickr Page

My Facebook Page
bill_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010   #10
Vicuna

Olygirl is a jewel in the roughOlygirl is a jewel in the roughOlygirl is a jewel in the roughOlygirl is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 398

#1 just blows the other ones away, very nice!!!

I shoot with Canon & Olympus girl, and i'm loving life in the snowy U.P.
Olygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion »

Share this topic: