PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion / Models

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012   #1
Llama

AhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1175469
Default | Senorita |

Please support me... https://ahxiong.see.me/
AhXiong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #2
Vicuna

Bronze Age Man is just really niceBronze Age Man is just really niceBronze Age Man is just really niceBronze Age Man is just really niceBronze Age Man is just really nice
CamelKarma: 433
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: | Senorita |

I don't find the background adds much to the glamour of the shot. If I imagine a better background the shot improves. I don't like the pose of her right hand either. The lighting of the model below the waist is much better than above the waist. I can see the potential but the shot does not get there.
Bronze Age Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #3
Llama

AhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorAhXiong strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze Age Man View Post
I don't find the background adds much to the glamour of the shot. If I imagine a better background the shot improves. I don't like the pose of her right hand either. The lighting of the model below the waist is much better than above the waist. I can see the potential but the shot does not get there.
Thanks
Old 02-25-2012   #4
F1 Camel

Sailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 186001
Editing OK?: Yes

This should help with posing the hands.

How to Handle HANDS

In a shot like this there is no need to cut off the top of the head and you should never cut off a limb at a joint as you did with the knees in this image.

Even though the model is very slender the straight on pose may not be the best. Did you try turning her to a 45º angle, weight on the back foot, front foot rotated to point at the camera and the heel raised to bend the leg some and cause the model's body to fall into an "S" shape, and face back toward the camera or even past it? If not, try that next time.

Benji's Studio Lighting and Posing Tutorial

The combination of a grungy background and a beautiful model is always an attractive one for photographers, but it isn't always easy to translate what we think we see into a photograph. In my opinion the wall isn't grundy enough to be shown sharply. It would have been better to pull the model away from the wall and use depth-of-field to blur the background. How much to blur is a something you can only tell by chimping.

Canon 7D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Tamron SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Nissin Di866, Electra CLASSIC Plus studio strobes & modifiers
Sekonic L-358 Flash Meter, Yongnuo RF-602 Transmitters & Receivers
Dell 20" 2001F (1200x1800) IPS monitor, Samsung SyncMaster 23" F2380 (1920x1280) PVA monitor, Datacolor Spyder3Elite for monitor calibration
Sailor Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #5
Llama

Thanks
Old 02-28-2012   #6
F1 Camel

Eero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEero Makela strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 6896586
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Blue View Post
This should help with posing the hands.

How to Handle HANDS
Thanks for this, some of it looks like what I learned during my glamor course with Dave B. It is nice to have it in text and examples.

Photographies des femmes pour les hommes.

Eero Makela is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion / Models »

Share this topic: