Waxahachie WWII Weekend
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Event & Performance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2191976
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Waxahachie WWII Weekend

I put a few in the "Portraits" section as well and will hopefully have more tomorrow when I develop the roll film. Worst luck ever with the Speed Graphic, I don't know if the rangefinder got knocked out of alignment or if my new glasses caused an issue. Only two keepers out of twelve with it this year.

The first two are with the Speed, the others were taken with the Super D and Petaval.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Dromedary

Default Re: Waxahachie WWII Weekend

A few more. These shot with 1938 Zeiss Super Ikonta 532/16. These were developed with Xtol diluted 1:2.

alanbutler57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 993227

Nice, nice set. The Sgt standing by the jeep gave me a bit of a start though. There was a picture in the family album of my dad in almost that same pose. He came in on Normandy, then the Western Front of the Bulge, across the Rhine, to Berchtesgaden. and went on to face the Russians across the river at Salzburg.
Didereaux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
Dromedary

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
Dromedary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didereaux View Post
Nice, nice set. The Sgt standing by the jeep gave me a bit of a start though. There was a picture in the family album of my dad in almost that same pose. He came in on Normandy, then the Western Front of the Bulge, across the Rhine, to Berchtesgaden. and went on to face the Russians across the river at Salzburg.
I wish I'd had a chance to photograph him! I hope you got to spend a lot of time with him learning as much as you could about the history he was a part of.

Thanks for the kind words. For some reason 90% of my Speed Graphic shots were out of focus, don't know yet if it had to do with shooting with glasses for the first time. I hope I just didn't have it positioned correctly on the rails. I'm glad I took three cameras.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 111655

WOW! Lovely photographs. That's how you get a job well done.
Ahmed Mateo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
Llama

CamelKarma: 993227

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbutler57 View Post
I wish I'd had a chance to photograph him! I hope you got to spend a lot of time with him learning as much as you could about the history he was a part of.

Thanks for the kind words. For some reason 90% of my Speed Graphic shots were out of focus, don't know yet if it had to do with shooting with glasses for the first time. I hope I just didn't have it positioned correctly on the rails. I'm glad I took three cameras.
Didereaux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8
Dromedary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed Mateo View Post
WOW! Lovely photographs. That's how you get a job well done.
Thank you Ahmed!

You could even get home defense lessons. "Now, when you hear something in the night just pull this charging handle to the rear. . ."

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Event & Performance »

Share this topic: