Women's March 2017
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Event & Performance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2017   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9058810
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Women's March 2017

I am hoping this will not become a political issue and I offer some pictures I took on 1/20/17 in our hometown. I was with my daughter who has her PhD in Psychology and practices locally. My wife and another daughter were in our Capitol participating. It was totally peaceful and totally organized. There were fears that counter demonstrators might try to stop it but they did not do so. We expected 1,000 and 3-4,000 marched.

Old 01-23-2017   #2
F1 Camel

Default Re: Women's March 2017

My daughter at the march.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16179582_10155857323313747_4311923346842506046_o.jpg (116.0 KB, 126 views)
jhawk1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1003042
Editing OK?: Ask first

Amazing. Looks like you have captured a bit of history.

Olympus OMD EM-1, EPL1, standard kit lens, 17mm 1.8, 60mm macro, 75-300mm II, 45mm 1.8, Rokinon 7.5mm Fish Eye, lens cap lens, ec-14, Fl-36 flash, adapter, misc accessories.
mike C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6964240

Was wondering if we would see any from this nation wide event that was really HUGE in a lot of places, including Wichita I see. I think most every place underestimated the people that would show, so yours getting 3 to 4 times the number isn't shocking. Well, it is, but it seemed normal...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017   #5
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 3136915

I don't understand the purpose of the protests. Equal rights was passed years ago and the change in administration is not going to change that. Glad the protests were peaceful.
Old 01-25-2017   #6
F1 Camel

I will not politicize this further but to say that over 3,000,000 women in America will disagree. To me, that means that they and their supporters perceive a problem in the implementation of the equal rights. I doubt that many will understand but many will.
jhawk1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017   #7
Camel Breath

I wasn't trying to politicize, I seriously want to know.
Old 01-25-2017   #8
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 131499
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampler View Post
I wasn't trying to politicize, I seriously want to know.
Your basic premise is invalid. "Equal rights was passed years ago and the change in administration is not going to change that."

The Equal Rights Amendment to the US Constitution die about 1989 without final approval by the States.
The Federal Law dealing with equal rights is limited and can be altered by Congress at any time.
RoyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017   #9
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyC View Post
Your basic premise is invalid. "Equal rights was passed years ago and the change in administration is not going to change that."

The Equal Rights Amendment to the US Constitution die about 1989 without final approval by the States.
The Federal Law dealing with equal rights is limited and can be altered by Congress at any time.
The amendment was never ratified, but anti discrimination is embedded in the work force and has been as long as I've been employed. Seems the protests are 30-35 years late, since the deadline for ratification has passed on the '80's.

Don't get me wrong, they're within their right to protest, just seems like the timing is a little off.
Old 01-26-2017   #10
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1361723

So 3 million women/supporters perceive there is a problem in the implementation of equal rights…. I think if they want to solve that problem they will have to be more specific about their grievance. I am reminded of the occupy wall street protest I shot in Charlotte a few years ago.

I appreciate your comments.... Always.
Medowlark is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Event & Performance »

Share this topic: