Women's March 2017 - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Event & Performance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2017   #11
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 131499
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Women's March 2017

I suspect their opinion is that the "Equal Rights Amendment" is still needed. The current WH administration has proposed to eliminate the portion of the Justice Department that enforces anti discrimination policies. And administration officials have said that if an employer determines that a female employee is using a means of birth control that the employer objects to, it is a acceptable reason to fire the employee.

Those maybe some motivation issue.

I am just guessing here.
RoyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017   #12
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1361723
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyC View Post
I suspect their opinion is that the "Equal Rights Amendment" is still needed. The current WH administration has proposed to eliminate the portion of the Justice Department that enforces anti discrimination policies. And administration officials have said that if an employer determines that a female employee is using a means of birth control that the employer objects to, it is a acceptable reason to fire the employee.

Those maybe some motivation issue.

I am just guessing here.
Maybe 3 million people are just guessing... Sounds like mass hysteria to me. Having said that and out of respect for the OP's concern I will shut up.

I appreciate your comments.... Always.
Medowlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017   #13
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9058810

I will only say that I marched alongside my daughter and my wife and her daughter marched in Topeka, Ks. I can only relate their fear of being fair game for assault by those in power. And the difference in pay for the same job.
jhawk1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017   #14
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 194894643

Nice shots of an historic event Mel.
Protests aren't always about a right being denied.
They can be a way of saying “pay attention to me”, a way of like-minded people gathering political momentum, and they’re a way of letting off some steam when political decisions don't go your way.
The Tea Party movement wasn't really protesting specific violations of their rights, but they eventually got organized and started sending congress people and senators to Washington.
Maybe this will turn into something like that. Or maybe it won't.
Old 01-27-2017   #15
F1 Camel

Great post, wolf!
Old 01-28-2017   #16
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1027009

I'm not getting a feel for the protest in these images and most are not really captured well. I think the big problem for me is that most are shot backlit or with side lighting. Also, time of day not the best for shooting; granted time of day not under your control. 3rd image is best exposure; although there seems to be a bit of CA on the lettering. Do you have others that you can share?
shadowman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017   #17
F1 Camel

Sorry Shadowman, but the photos were of a protest and I thought it might be a bit inconsiderate to go through the line to get a good lighting. I do have more but they are probably not exhibition quality. Sorry about the CA on the lettering. I will see if there are others of better quality.
Old 01-29-2017   #18
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 194894643

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawk1000 View Post
Great post, wolf!
Thanks Mel.
Old 01-31-2017   #19
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 286230
Editing OK?: Ask first

Ugh. I like to come here to see beautiful and interesting photography and try to learn new styles and techniques. Every other social media site is overrun with political rancor. Wish we could just be kind and different here on PhotoCamel. This was a photographic capture of a historical event and we could have left it at that but instead someone wants to critique the subject rather than the photography and to discount millions of women's actions,views, and feelings as "mass hysteria". The country is divided and the divide is sadly growing. Maybe here we can accept the images as capturing a moment in history and leave the politics for other social media.
LBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017   #20
F1 Camel

I photographed a love-in by the citizen's of my city at a local mosque after the ban was formalized. I will not put those pictures up even though they are just photos. I agree that too much rancor is now coming into our daily lives and I can only guess why.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Event & Performance »

Share this topic: