PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Event & Performance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011   #1
Vicuna

aintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 465994
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Huntington Beach Civil War Days

Huntington Beach, CA's annual Labor Day Civil War re-enactment

Old 09-06-2011   #2
Photocamel Master

ChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 2152373
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Huntington Beach Civil War Days

There are some awesome captures here!!
ChuckingFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #3
Camel Breath

BambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBambersImages strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 55241902

You have some wonderful images in this series!!

BambersImages Flickr
Etsy Shop Print Sales

Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.
“Happiness is a habit – cultivate it.” ~ Elbert Hubbar
A Camera puts a frame around life. ~ Joel Meyerowitz
BambersImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #4
Bactrian

studiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 58552
Editing OK?: Yes

Second me on "awesome." I really like the photographs that include no visible signs of the 21st century. Excellent capture on those.
Abandoned Oly ship for Canon. Currently waiting for EOS 6D, while learning on 60D. Because it's all about the glass, 'bout the glass... 20mm, 50mm, 85mm, and 100mm macro for starters. Trying some Interfit continual lighting with their ringlight, a few Yongnuo speedlights and triggers, Westcott orb, and a hodgepodge of other modifiers...and still a variety of DIY photography "helpers" and gadgets all conspiring together to confuse and trick me.

Renata
studiozahzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #5
Former Camel

Kev2010 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKev2010 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKev2010 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKev2010 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKev2010 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKev2010 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKev2010 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKev2010 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKev2010 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKev2010 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKev2010 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1544067
Editing OK?: No

Thats one marvelous set of images.
Kev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #6
Vicuna

aintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraintnosin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiozahzah View Post
I really like the photographs that include no visible signs of the 21st century. Excellent capture on those.
The second portrait (the spikey-haired gent with the grumpy expression) had to be cropped. He was annoyed with me because I caught him texting on his iPhone.
aintnosin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #7
Bactrian

studiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintnosin View Post
The second portrait (the spikey-haired gent with the grumpy expression) had to be cropped. He was annoyed with me because I caught him texting on his iPhone.
Bastahd. If he'd been texting during a Civil War battle, he'd be dead. Oh wait, he'd probably be dead anyway. I work with a few participants of some local reinactment groups. They take their reinactments VERY seriously.

I like the sepia-toned group. The picture of the young man is a real reminder of all the young men who were fighting.
Abandoned Oly ship for Canon. Currently waiting for EOS 6D, while learning on 60D. Because it's all about the glass, 'bout the glass... 20mm, 50mm, 85mm, and 100mm macro for starters. Trying some Interfit continual lighting with their ringlight, a few Yongnuo speedlights and triggers, Westcott orb, and a hodgepodge of other modifiers...and still a variety of DIY photography "helpers" and gadgets all conspiring together to confuse and trick me.

Renata
Old 09-08-2011   #8
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiozahzah View Post
The picture of the young man is a real reminder of all the young men who were fighting.
A co-worker said he looked like actor James Dean, so he's now "Private J. Dean, Rebel with a Cause"

Here's the "Matthew Brady" shot from above, with a little aging:
aintnosin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #9
Bactrian

MDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 6548

Wow, these are excellent shots. Really like the 3rd shot.

There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer. ~Ansel Adams
MDPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #10
Bactrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintnosin View Post
A co-worker said he looked like actor James Dean, so he's now "Private J. Dean, Rebel with a Cause"

Here's the "Matthew Brady" shot from above, with a little aging:
and that's just how you have to play them.... & I like the treatment. Going to try and make one in the spring although I'll feel a little torn. My ancestors fought for the Confederate Arny....eeeek, a little touchy up here in yanquee country.

Renata

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Event & Performance »

Share this topic:

Tags
civil war, reenactment