PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Event & Performance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011   #51
Vicuna

bobbychariot is a jewel in the roughbobbychariot is a jewel in the roughbobbychariot is a jewel in the roughbobbychariot is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 325
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Montreux Jazz Festival 2011

Great images, well executed.

As a non Jazz enthusiast I did get a little bored as the vast majority are head and upper body shots tightly cropped of a single artist with their instrument. Too keep my interest I would have liked to have seen more variety in the expressions, poses, angles and a lot more shots with wider framing incorporating multiple artists, lighting, stage, audience and general ambience. For example the Jack Savoretti shot (mid 70s I think) was a little different than the rest and stood out. I was hoping for more but they did not materialise.

However that's just my observation and does not mean that your images are not excellent and well framed, exposed and executed. I also appreciate that you would have been restricted from the audience.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Event & Performance »

Share this topic: