Laptop Recommendation
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 3136915
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Laptop Recommendation

What is everyone's recommendation for a fast, Windows 10 laptop for photo editing? I don't want a Mac Vs PC argument. Only interested in a Windows system. It would be used with the built in screen, not an external monitor. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

swampler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6964240
Default Re: Laptop Recommendation

Well, My first one question would be how much editing you talking about? A picture here and there, or a set of 100, or something. Another thing to ask is how big a screen, given you might be traveling or bringing it, or never doing that?

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Camel Breath

Asking for my Dad. He's looking to convert computer room to a bedroom and swap to a laptop. Probably never carry it anywhere.

Old 1 Week Ago   #4
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1420838

Be careful of any changes of the image with viewing angle. This may be less of a problem than it once was, but my wife's HP laptop monitor with Windows 7 is bad in this respect. It is too old and feeble to handle Windows 10.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
Camel Breath

Yes, viewing angle is a concern. Found a series of aspire laptops that have an IPS screen. They're good across a wide range of angles as I recall.

Old 6 Days Ago   #6
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1027009

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampler View Post
What is everyone's recommendation for a fast, Windows 10 laptop for photo editing? I don't want a Mac Vs PC argument. Only interested in a Windows system. It would be used with the built in screen, not an external monitor. Thanks.

You didn't say what your father will be using for editing software, it could be something as simple as Photoshop Express which means he could probably get by with a tablet. If he is planning to print or upload via memory card he'll wan the required ports (USB, HDMI), will he be attaching an external hard drive, etc.?

Any off the shelf laptop will probably fit the basic needs, you have to watch the reviews to see which systems might be duds; for instance one of the laptops I'm currently using (Acer V5) had numerous complaints and issues regarding online connections, the unit came with a dongle USB adapter which was used primarily with smartphones for wireless connectivity, the manufacturer eventually upgraded the software and the issue went away; point I'm making is past issues can taint a specific manufacturer with the public but might be considered top of the line with another user; so you should dig deeper and not rely too much on one or more praises. I typically give any new product some tome to saturate the market, get feedback from current users, wade through the typical negative comments regarding shipping errors etc. and look solely for the technical evaluations.
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #7
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6710797
Editing OK?: No

Depending on how much you want to spend, you could look at the ASUS Zenbook Pro series.

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Laptops/A...k-Pro-UX501VW/

https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/la...ok-pro-ux501-v

WesternGuy

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is online now   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: