B&W Plugin
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1754
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default B&W Plugin

Can anyone recommend a good B&W plugin for Photoshop CC? I used Silver Efex Pro 2 with CS6, but I just switched to CC 2017 and the Nik Suite doesn't seem to work with CC

Thanks!!

Old 05-20-2017   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1411293
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: B&W Plugin

Do you have the stand-alone version of Silver Efex Pro 2? Not quite as convenient, but you then don't have to worry about compatibility with your parent program. Photoshop also has some serious B&W conversion capabilities of its own, including Channel Mixer.

By the way, I also have Silver Efex Pro 2, but never saw fit to use it until just now.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6710797
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by photos4fun View Post
Can anyone recommend a good B&W plugin for Photoshop CC? I used Silver Efex Pro 2 with CS6, but I just switched to CC 2017 and the Nik Suite doesn't seem to work with CC

Thanks!!
That's interesting, because my version seems to work. Have you tried going back to the download site (download is now free), downloading and reinstalling the product? Uninstall first though.

WesternGuy

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12014825

I am able to use the free version of Silver effects from google with Photoshop CC, with the exception of the brush tool which, at least for me, seems to only work with some versions of CC and not for others.
Old 06-16-2017   #5
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1754

I will try that. Thanks!
photos4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017   #6
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 485337
Editing OK?: No

Look at the Topaz Labs filters.

heaterguy is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: