PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012   #1
Alpaca

bellesimages is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10
Default Upgrading Photoshop

I have CS on a PC (running Win XP Premium) and would love to add it to my new Dell XPS laptop running Win 7. I have been told by a few people, though I can't seem to confirm this anywhere else, that every Photoshop licence automatically allows two installations when one is a desktop and one is a laptop. Any views on this. Of course I will ask Adobe eventually but dealing with them by phone is a nightmare I only undertake as a last resort.

Also I would love to upgrade to CS5. Is CS too early a version to allow an upgrade to CS5 (at the much lower price for upgrades).

Old 03-20-2012   #2
KmH
F1 Camel

KmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 6932
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Upgrading Photoshop

The EULA allows Photoshop to be installed on 2 computers at a time, not just 2 installations. - http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/search/...teSection=home

CS2 is the earliest release that qualifies for CS5 upgrade pricing. - http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop.html

Make a note that CS6 is due to be launched soon. CS3 will likely be the earliest release that will qualify for CS5 upgrade pricing.

"If you keep on doing what you have always done, you will keep on getting what you have always gotten."
KmH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #3
Alpaca

bellesimages is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

Many thanks for this info. I will try to install my CS version on a second computer at my house.
bellesimages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #4
Guanaco

sfaribault has much to be proud ofsfaribault has much to be proud ofsfaribault has much to be proud ofsfaribault has much to be proud ofsfaribault has much to be proud ofsfaribault has much to be proud ofsfaribault has much to be proud ofsfaribault has much to be proud ofsfaribault has much to be proud ofsfaribault has much to be proud ofsfaribault has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 11704

Double check but I do not think CS will run on WIN7.
sfaribault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #5
F1 Camel

Bilsen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBilsen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBilsen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBilsen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBilsen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBilsen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBilsen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBilsen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBilsen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBilsen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBilsen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 7835471
Editing OK?: Yes

I run CS5 on a Win 7 machine and an XP machine and it's fine. The whole license thing just requires that you not have more than 2 machines with an "active" version. If you want to install on a third machine, you must "de-activate" it on one of the others.

I did however read that CS6 will not support 32 bit Win 7 so be sure you have the 64 bit version running.
24-105 f4L IS; 50mm f1.4; 70-200 f4L IS; 85mm f1.4;55-250 IS;
28-75 f2.8 IS ; Sekonic L-358;
http://bilsen.zenfolio.com
www.pbase.com/bilsen
Bilsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #6
Llama

jazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond repute
CamelKarma: 29381
Editing OK?: No

just read a letter from scott kellby to adobe about only cs5,cs5.5 can be upgraded to cs6...all the rest will be full price
jazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #7
Llama

jazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond reputejazzy has a reputation beyond repute

here
An Open Letter To Adobe Systems | Scott Kelby's Photoshop Insider
jazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #8
Marvin (aka Heinz)

meinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 348868
Editing OK?: Ask first

From adobe press release..

With these great new releases coming in the first half of 2012, we want to make sure our customers have plenty of time to discover which offering is best for them. Therefore, we’re pleased to announce that we will offer special introductory upgrade pricing on Creative Suite 6 to our customers who own CS3 or CS4. This offer will be available from the time CS6 is released until December 31, 2012. More details on this offer, as well as any introductory offers for existing customers to move to Creative Cloud membership, will be announced when CS6 and Creative Cloud are released later this year.

This is an OFFER -- NOT a promotion.

The "Introductory upgrade offer" will be available to shrink wrap boxed software, and licensing. The offer will be applicable to all Routes to Market, regardless of IF Creative Cloud is offered. This is specifically for CS6 perpetual upgrades.

Canon 7d, 100L macro, 50 1.8, CANON 15-85/3.5-5.6 IS EF-S USM, CANON 70-200/4 L USM, Sigma 150-500 DG OS HSM

http://500px.com/Hkphotography

http://www.facebook.com/heinz.tervoert
meinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #9
Vicuna

PhotoGene47 is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 38
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy
just read a letter from scott kellby to adobe about only cs5,cs5.5 can be upgraded to cs6...all the rest will be full price
Old news. Adobe has changed its stand on the issue. CS5 will get best price for upgrade but earlier versions will also get an upgrade price.
Old 03-27-2012   #10
Llama

old news different words... get the cs6 up grade...when buy or try popup comes up hit buy...see what it says if you want to upgrade to cs6 from cs3or 4

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: