iPhone apps for photograpy
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Llama

CamelKarma: 951145
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default iPhone apps for photograpy

Are you using any fancy photography related iPhone apps? Thre are so many, but which ones are really usefull?

Let me start by showing a few I collected. I don't use them that much, but some of them are fun to play with.

DSLRemote by On One Software:
Turns your iPhone into a remote for your camera, you can change shutter speed and aperture, etc. You can even view a preview on your iPhone before you shoot. Works with WiFi and a bit of software runing on your PC/Mac, your camera has to be connected to your PC (which makes it a bit more useless as a remote solution).
http://www.ononesoftware.com/

Best Camera:
Based on an idea by photographer Chase Jarvis: "The Best Camera is the one that's always with you". Has basic photo manipulation functions and a lot of features to upload the result to Flickr, Facebook, etc.
thebestcamera.com - Recent Photos

Gorillacam:
From the makers of the Gorillapod, but can be used without the pod,a nd without a Gorilla . Has nice features like a bubble level, anti-shake, time-lapse, 3 shot burst, and is free!
Gorillacam camera app for iPhone - Joby

Camerabag:
Has instant photo manipulation features like "Holga", "Polaroid", "1962" to give it that old look, etc.
Nevercenter.com

Autostitch:
Barely used by me, but lets you stitch several pictures together to create a panorama. Does a resonably good job.

DOFMaster and Simple DoF:
Enables you to calculate the DoF. Simple DoF is very easy to use, just move a few sliders to get the result.

Polarize:
Fun app to get the polaroid look, even with the option to add a "felt pen" text on the white part of the polaroid.

Sunrise & Set and Daylight:
Shows the time for the "Golden Hours" in a certain area, the times I'm usually asleep...

Show me your favorite iPhone apps!

Old 04-04-2010   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Llama

CamelKarma: 3607
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: iPhone apps for photograpy

The light meter app for the iphone
Ambertation.de

my boss uses her iphone and it works great.

A video explaining
http://figitalrevolution.com/2010/03...tation-review/
TimBlodgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 3357
Editing OK?: Ask First

Here are all the apps I use on the iPhone in random order:

Hipstamatic (this is by far my fav)
SlowShutter
ColorSplash
G50
Photogene
TiltShiftGen
Best Camera
Lo-Mob
AutoStich
Flickit
Portrait Lens

I've been having a lot of fun with iPhoneography so I started a blog with just my iPhone shots iPhoneography

Flickr
kewk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010   #4
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 18
Editing OK?: No

Yep the toys are fun but this app can actually make you money if you contribute to a stock agency like Alamy! Easy Release by ApplicationGap replaces inconvenient paper release forms with a slick, streamlined application designed by professional photographers for professional photographers. Easy Release lets you collect all the data and signatures you need right on your iPhone, then mails a PDF and JPEG of the release right to you. Easy Release uses industry-standard and proven legal language that is accepted by the world's leading stock photo companies, like Getty Images and ALAMY. Plus, Easy Release supports 12 different languages, so you can get the release you need, no matter who, or where you are shooting.

ApplicationGap : Makers of Easy Release, Professional Model and Property Release App for iPhone : HOME
or on appstore: Easy Release for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: