bonus shot for client
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Commercial

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2017   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 338032
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default bonus shot for client

Shot an assignment for a magazine, new company that makes probiotic drinks. Did stuff at their facility. Subject gave me a case of samples. On the way back to the studio I kinda saw this image in my mind. About 45 minutes later (and against a white wall) I created this image.

Straight out of Lightroom.

Blad Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: -15750
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: bonus shot for client

Why is nothing straight? and why is there so much flare on the strapline I can't real what it says?
riddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017   #3
Vicuna

Great questions. Notice a couple things in the original post: This isn't for an advertisement. It is an extra image for a news story. I got a little sloppy, because it was an extra image, and quite honestly, I had a ton of photo editing to do on other projects. This was squeezed into a very full day. Excuses, I know.

The wall behind the products is white. This was a quick shot for the magazine, and to show my assistant how to turn a white wall purple. The words were almost impossible to read in the first shots, and this shot is a vast improvement. Were this a commercial assignment, I would have taken the time to improve it more.

Your points are well taken. Perhaps I should stick to events.
Old 07-04-2017   #4
Vicuna

As the old saying goes you are only as good as your worst photo. And if you are releasing anything out into the public....
here or anywhere else....
Old 07-04-2017   #5
Vicuna

Not worried about that at all. Somehow, our family of 6 has lived off my full-time photo business for 20+ years. Though I understand where you are coming from, I am no longer building my photo business. In fact, if all goes as planned, in about a year my photo income will no longer be needed. My guess is that fewer than 10% of the current "professional" photographers could create that image.

That isn't a license to create mediocre images though. A little more time/care, and it could have been worthy of my website or advertising material.

** Bottom line is, "Beauty is in the eye of the checkbook holder."
Old 07-04-2017   #6
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blad Boy View Post
My guess is that fewer than 10% of the current "professional" photographers could create that image.
I'll have to disagree with you there, this is a pretty basic image that I'd expect any pro photographer working with me to knock out pretty quickly. Standard fare for this sort of product
Old 07-04-2017   #7
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Yes

Great shoot !!!!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Commercial »

Share this topic: