Technical advice for my 6D body or lens - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2018   #11
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1457659
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Technical advice for my 6D body or lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem View Post
`

When I suspect a lens/filter effect [dust, scratch,
etc], I'll rotate the lens in the mount to see if the
effects move with the rotation. There are ways to
maintain the working aperture despite decoupling
the electronics.
I suppose that you could do this - actually, I know how to do it myself - but unless the problem is especially hard to diagnose, just looking for the dust visually seems easier and more straightforward to me.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018   #12
Llama

CamelKarma: 197661
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Technical advice for my 6D body or lens

Sure that you are not having that problem anymore, but that is definitely not sensor dust. Dust on the sensor typically shows only when you zoom in and is always more defined than that. Pixels are actually blocked by dust, so they don't absorb light at all. Instead you get small blurry black spots. Your image is showing light flaring around something that is far enough from the pixels to be less defined.
Without looking at your gear I would almost guess water drops on the front of your lens, but that seems like something you would have noticed. Maybe a dirty rear element of the lens.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon »

Share this topic: