PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007   #1
Vicuna

Phyllisva is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 22
Default Pentax vs Canon?

i feel like my photo friends always look down on me just because I use Pentax ?? I have always used Pentax . I have owned every SLR camera that they have ever made . I have a D*ist ...and I am looking to upgrade . I was thinking about a Nikon or Canon ...but now I am seriously concidering the KD10 .... someone please help me decide . Why would I change ? What makes Canon better ?

Old 03-28-2007   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

Mr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 4089114
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Pentax vs Canon?

Read the other posts you made on this very topic.

Posting in a Canon forum may yield results that favor Canon. Not a bad thing, but does it help you?

Posting in a Nikon forum may yield results that favor Nikon. Not a bad thing, but does it help you?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #3
Vicuna

Phyllisva is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 22

Mr. Pickles ,

i was hoping to hear the views of those that choose Canon over the other brands . Why would they not choose the K10 ? To you it may not be much , but to me , starting over with a new system ($1500.00 +) is alot , so i would like to be sure of what I am doing . I am just really curious why I never see anyone with a Pentax .... just me .
Phyllisva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

cyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1097864
Editing OK?: No

Read what I said in your Nikon thread.

Quote:
I am just really curious why I never see anyone with a Pentax .... just me .
I saw quite a few Pentax cameras being used when I was in Japan. The K100D has a good following there, and the best-selling cameras there at the time were the D200, 30D, and K100D. I don't think it matters what anyone else is shooting with; shoot what works for you. Some days, I'm the only black lens in a sea of white ones on the sideline, and other days there's only one white lens in a sea of black ones of which I am a part. We don't care what the other person's shooting (okay, well, one guy does, but he's different, heheh); we're all there to make our images and enjoy the games.
Old 03-28-2007   #5
Bactrian

notsotechie is a glorious beacon of lightnotsotechie is a glorious beacon of lightnotsotechie is a glorious beacon of lightnotsotechie is a glorious beacon of lightnotsotechie is a glorious beacon of lightnotsotechie is a glorious beacon of lightnotsotechie is a glorious beacon of lightnotsotechie is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 983
Editing OK?: Ask first

Well the picture looks good.
but check this link out and see what is his opinon. he judge all makes of Camera. No favourite's
Check it out please
Steve's Digicams - The "Best" Digicams

you can also check this site if you like it is mostly geared to Pentax user's but this is a fairly new site.

Pentax Forum, Pentax mailing list and Pentax Photo Gallery

I'am not trying to shoo you away or anything what so ever. We really loved to have you here on the Photo Camel.
this site is mostly to help any Camera format there are no Brand bashing here.

My Flikr http://www.flickr.com/photos/wine_glass_star/sets/
notsotechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #6
Former Camel

heartseye is just really niceheartseye is just really niceheartseye is just really niceheartseye is just really niceheartseye is just really nice
CamelKarma: 460

I've used both Canon AND Pentax......in the final analysis it come down to personal preference....you are simply NOT going to see any real difference in that big print on the wall......cheers...Bob
heartseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #7
Vicuna

lowbone has a spectacular aura aboutlowbone has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 129

I used a Pentax istD for a couple of years and the main reason I went to Canon was the lack of available lenses for the Camera. As you may know most of the Pentax FA series lenses were discontinued. I like to shoot nature and a minimum of 300mm is necessary there. A beat up 300mm f 4.5 Pentax lens on ebay will go for upwards of $1200 and that is if you are lucky enough to be high bidder on the one or two that come up for auction every year. I looked for the Pentax 200mm macro for two years without being able to find one. Even third party lens makers like Sigma don't offer a Pentax mount in their better lenses. In addition because Pentax has chosen to go with " All of our older lenses work" they have backed themselves into a corner with a very slow focusing system. I know it is hard to change systems especially if you own allot of equipment but I did better then I thought I would selling mine and I have been happy with Canon ever since.
lowbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #8
Dromedary

Latinbob is just really niceLatinbob is just really niceLatinbob is just really niceLatinbob is just really niceLatinbob is just really niceLatinbob is just really niceLatinbob is just really nice
CamelKarma: 788
Editing OK?: Ask first

If you have an investment in Pentax glass, the K10D would be a great choice. My first camera was a Pentax too, a K1000, and I seriously considered the *istD as well. I still have a soft spot for Pentax and if I ever switch, that's where I'm going.

It's good to be different.

Bob
Latinbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #9
Former Camel

heartseye is just really niceheartseye is just really niceheartseye is just really niceheartseye is just really niceheartseye is just really nice
CamelKarma: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllisva View Post
i feel like my photo friends always look down on me just because I use Pentax ?? I have always used Pentax . I have owned every SLR camera that they have ever made . I have a D*ist ...and I am looking to upgrade . I was thinking about a Nikon or Canon ...but now I am seriously concidering the KD10 .... someone please help me decide . Why would I change ? What makes Canon better ?

That tells you more about your "photo friends" than it does about cameras.....believe it!
heartseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #10
Guanaco

eClix is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 16

I learned on Pentax, I loved it, but I had to chose either Canon or Nikon, and really didn't want to, but it was a requirement by school, because it's photojournalism. If I hadn't had to switch I wouldn't have.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon »

Share this topic: