PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008   #1
Vicuna

Denise_zab is just really niceDenise_zab is just really niceDenise_zab is just really niceDenise_zab is just really niceDenise_zab is just really nice
CamelKarma: 444
Default canon 20d and tamron 24-75 F2.8

I just got my tamron 25-75 F2.8 that all have been raving about for half the price of a canon lens. The problem is the lens causes problems with my camera. 00 shows up in the apeature settings and the camera becomes unable to do anything. I have to shut it off, disengage the lens then re-ingage it, pop out the battery, then the camera will reboot and be fine for awhile. It happened about 5 times the other day in the middle of a shoot. I guess you get what you pay for? Any one else have that issue or remedy for this particular problem. I cleaned the contacts and it continues to happen. Any info will be appreciated.

Old 08-07-2008   #2
Dromedary

Pony is just really very very nicePony is just really very very nicePony is just really very very nicePony is just really very very nicePony is just really very very nicePony is just really very very nicePony is just really very very nicePony is just really very very nicePony is just really very very nicePony is just really very very nicePony is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 37072
Default Re: canon 20d and tamron 24-75 F2.8

This may be a firmware problem.I'm surprised you didn't get the Error 99 message.A friend of mine had this problem w/a 70-200 f/2.8L IS lens and 20D.I would go to the Canon USA website and see if there is a firmware update.The 20D is finicky w/some lenses from various things I've read on the web.
Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #3
Camel Breath

swampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1241703
Editing OK?: Ask first

Your 20D manual should tell you what that error code means. I've had no trouble with my 30D and Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 lens.
Old 08-07-2008   #4
Camel Breath

jfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4939
Editing OK?: No

Is the lens new or used? Sounds like the lens and the camera are not communicating. Make sure the contacts on both the lens and the camera are clean. Gently rub them with a pencil eraser MAKING SURE YOU DO NOT GET ERASER BITS IN THE CAMERA BODY OR INSIDE THE LENS!! If that doesn't work, might need to have the equipment checked out by a service technician.

jfrancho is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon Forum »

Share this topic: