PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
PhotoCamel Directory Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

Max@Home strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMax@Home strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMax@Home strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMax@Home strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMax@Home strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMax@Home strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMax@Home strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMax@Home strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMax@Home strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMax@Home strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMax@Home strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 598994
Editing OK?: Yes
Default SIGMA service notice 120-400OS and 150-500 OS lenses on a 40D

SIGMA corporation has today issued a Service Notice to all users of 120-400 OS and 150-500 OS lenses for CANON: when used in combination with a 40D and the 40D is set to SERVO AF, the number of continuous shots per second will decrease...

Affected are all lenses 120-400 OS with serial number lower than 1011001, and 150-500 OS with serial number lower than 1007001, higher numbered lenses already have an upgraded chipset.

The effected lenses will be rechipped by SIGMA for free.

...€0.02...

Kindest regards!

Max@Home

[
CANON] [EF24-70F4.0L IS] [EF70-200F2.8L IS II] [EF70-300L IS] [EF40F2.8 PanCake] [EF85F1.2L II] [EF100F2.8L Macro IS] [270ex II] [430ex II] [600ex-rt] [ST-E2] [EOS 5D MkIII w/ BG-E11]
[PowerShot G1 X MkII] [Member CPS Europe]
[Manfrotto] [055CXPRO3 legs + 322RC + RA Grip Ball Head + 804RC2 Basic Pan Tilt Head + Giotto MH-1001 Ball Head w/Manfrotto RC2 plate adapter]
[685B NEOTEC Monopod w/234RC Swivel Head]

...PBase images ?? ...or: SmugMug images ??
Max@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #2
F1 Camel

00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 6150
Default Re: SIGMA service notice 120-400OS and 150-500 OS lenses on a 40D

Thanks, Max, for the heads up, it doesn't apply to me, but it sure is helpful to know!

"difficult to survive by becoming professional photographer, it is more profitable to buy secondhand car and do pizza delivery than buy DSRL and shoot weddings." (kenzo D, Dpreview)

-Sig edited b/c someone requested it to done, the fun of was wearing out anyway!!!

I'm post happy, but Karma starved...please donate some
00silvergt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #3
Dromedary

Jose strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJose strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJose strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJose strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJose strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJose strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJose strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJose strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJose strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJose strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJose strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 407545

That is the "Sigma" advantage; they stand-by their products. How many other companies would upgrade lenses for free? What other company will replace defective lenses no questions asked with brand new ones or other models if you did not like their performance?

Sigma has done that for me on repeated occasions.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #4
Dromedary

richardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 313787
Default However

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
That is the "Sigma" advantage; they stand-by their products. How many other companies would upgrade lenses for free? What other company will replace defective lenses no questions asked with brand new ones or other models if you did not like their performance?

However, when Sigma replaces a lens in their lineup; they no longer support the lens with updates.

I have a perfectly good 28mm f/1.8 Sigma which I cannot use on any camera newer than a 10D. Sigma reissued a new version of the lens and no longer can or will rechip the older ones. As the old carnival barkers used to say "You pays your money and takes your chances!"

Richard Crowe
Escondido, California
richardpcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #5
Alpaca

jzrclark is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

Not to try and trash Sigma but I sold my Sigma 70-200 and my Sigma 50-500 due to the finish on the lens. I will agree that when I sent the 70-200 in they did refinish the lens, I probably had a maximum of 100 photos with it before the finish started to peel.When it was returned I discovered the tripod ring still peeling. Cosmetics do not make a quality photo but they contribute highly to the pride of ownership.
jzrclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #6
Vicuna

20DNewbie has much to be proud of20DNewbie has much to be proud of20DNewbie has much to be proud of20DNewbie has much to be proud of20DNewbie has much to be proud of20DNewbie has much to be proud of20DNewbie has much to be proud of20DNewbie has much to be proud of20DNewbie has much to be proud of20DNewbie has much to be proud of20DNewbie has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 9503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post

They're new lenses, therefore they should be fixed for free or the customers money returned.

5D2/1D MkII N/40D
and a couple bits of glass.
20DNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon Forum »

Share this topic: