PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Camera Phone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2008   #1
Vicuna

amethyst_jean has a spectacular aura aboutamethyst_jean has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 106
Default Help with lazy eye?

Here is a picture of me with my grandparents. I have a lazy eye and it often shows up in photos, unless the photographer gets me right after I blink, then they adjust for a quick second. I can also hide it if my head is turned and I am looking sideways, but I can't do that in this kind of picture. Any suggestions? It is an awful picture overall, frizzy hair from the rain, no composition or cropping, but right now I am just interested in dealing with those eyes! Sorry for the cross post, but I thought it belonged in "people" because it's well...people but it is also just a snapshot.

Old 05-26-2008   #2
Camel Breath

Steven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 987455
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Help with lazy eye?

Inform who ever it taking the pitcute that you need to blink just before they take the picture and ask them to let you close your eyes and have them que you to when they are going to snap. Unless you can find a way to guess when to blink.

Facebook

Camel Equine Group

My Equine Album

Fireworks Album

Steven G Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #3
Llama

One on one strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorOne on one strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorOne on one strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorOne on one strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorOne on one strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorOne on one strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorOne on one strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorOne on one strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorOne on one strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorOne on one strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorOne on one strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 229974
Editing OK?: Ask first

Have the photographer use his / her hand. Saying " I want you to look at my hand" as he moves it slowly back and forth at which some point, when all eyes are where the should be, he'll snap the photo. I've used it in the past with very good results.
Old 05-28-2008   #4
Vicuna

amethyst_jean has a spectacular aura aboutamethyst_jean has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the hints. I'm sure it will come in handy for me as a photographer as well as a subject. And with my superpowers of course I can guess when to blink!
Old 05-28-2008   #5
Camel Breath

Steven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 987455
Editing OK?: Yes

I just learned that I am a fungi. Thanks Jean for the K and the comment. I know it was a far-out suggestion that you could anticipate the shot being made. Once in a while someone taking a group picture will do the old, "3,2,1" countdown or bark out the famous "say cheese". If the person with the camera isn't equipped to help you, then you'll have to take the effort upon yourself. Good luck with that, at least its something to work on.

Having that condition will greatly help you in understanding the particulars some of your more special subjects will have. You're sensitvity and ability to relate your own experience will go a long way in gaining the respect and trust of those customers who require a little something extra just to appear ordinary.

Facebook

Camel Equine Group

My Equine Album

Fireworks Album

Steven G Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #6
Vicuna

I guess I better tell my family to use the cheeesy...um say cheese but hey, check out what I did in GIMP in the other thread on the matter(only my second photo edit though so...) http://photocamel.com/forum/portrait...-lazy-eye.html
Old 05-30-2008   #7
Vicuna

Richard Duncan is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 19

"Lazy eye" is less of a problem than the lack of uniformity in direction. Only one person is looking at the camera position. Also, "making a sandwich" out of the gentleman (putting him between the two ladies) would lend the pose to a more favorable full-length or even better 3/4 or head & shoulder shot of the ladies leaning in (cheek to cheek) to the man. I'm sure that attention would have made him feel extra special.
Richard Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #8
Vicuna

Thanks Richard, the problem with everyone looking different places is becase more than one person was taking pictures. Thank you for the "sandwich" suggestion. If I had done that I would have been on the outside and probably looking in a direction that would have made the lazy eye less noticeable. It is only a snapshot, but of course I want all the tips I can get to make even those better.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Camera Phone »

Share this topic: