PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007   #1
Former Camel

MagicNikon is a jewel in the roughMagicNikon is a jewel in the roughMagicNikon is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 240
Default New LowePro FastPacks

These remind me of a Slingshot/backpack hybrid. I love the way you can access the gear inside.

More detailed info here: Lowepro Fastpack Camera Bag | Photography Bay

They look pretty awesome. I'm going to snag one for my new D300.

Here it is in action! DSLR Magazine - Lowepro Fastpack

Old 11-30-2007   #2
Former Camel

W.Smith is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 34
Default Re: New LowePro FastPacks

Thanks! I've been waiting for something like that Fastpack 350! Excellent for taking my MacBook Pro along. Let's find Santa to tell him I want it, I want it!

W.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007   #3
Llama

d2creative will become famous soon enough
CamelKarma: 80

That's badass!
Do you think this would be better for my trip to Italy than my Tamrac Velocity bag? (slingshot style)
The velocity isn't the easiest to get into but it is nice that you can swing it around.
d2creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007   #4
Former Camel

MagicNikon is a jewel in the roughMagicNikon is a jewel in the roughMagicNikon is a jewel in the rough

OKay gang...I got a 200 delivered yesterday. Pics to follow soon. I like, and I think it's going to work out nicely. Accessing the cam is very similar to using a SlingShot bag. It's cool!
MagicNikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #5
Dromedary

digitalzed is a glorious beacon of lightdigitalzed is a glorious beacon of lightdigitalzed is a glorious beacon of lightdigitalzed is a glorious beacon of lightdigitalzed is a glorious beacon of lightdigitalzed is a glorious beacon of lightdigitalzed is a glorious beacon of lightdigitalzed is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 919

I'm curious to know how comfortable it is when fully loaded and on your back. Josh, let us know as soon as possible and thanks for posting about it.

digitalzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #6
Guanaco

Freezframe_2 has a spectacular aura aboutFreezframe_2 has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 173

Can it be classified as carry on for air lines Size wize !!! I am going to be looking for something a little more comfortable than my over the shoulder Lowerpro...Having my laptop along for the ride is a bonus.....What are most air lines restrictions ? (General)

Thanx :Brady
Freezframe_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #7
Former Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezframe_2 View Post
Can it be classified as carry on for air lines Size wize !!! I am going to be looking for something a little more comfortable than my over the shoulder Lowerpro...Having my laptop along for the ride is a bonus.....What are most air lines restrictions ? (General)

Thanx :Brady
It's no bigger than my Jansport bookbag (think college books, etc). I would imagine that it would fit well within the FAA guidelines.

it has a nice firm body to it, so it doesn't give very much in the bottom area. This is good, as it will take a little beating around, and I think my gear will still be safe.
MagicNikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #8
Guanaco

Freezframe_2 has a spectacular aura aboutFreezframe_2 has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 173

Thanx For reply:My son and I are taking a trip to Germany in April (Hockey) He will play a total of 8 games in "Chek" and in Austria as well...I own a lowerpro 5 bag now and there is no room for my laptop.....Plus its always falling of my shoulder.....I have a 30D with an 70 -200-2.8 -28-70 2.8 aswell as a 580EX ....extra batteries accessories.etc. Oh a 15.4 laptop....I'm hoping for the rite fit ?
Freezframe_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #9
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

cyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1097864
Editing OK?: No

Freezeframe_2, try looking at some of ThinkTank Photo's bags. The largest Urban Disguise series bags will hold all of your gear plus laptop, and it will stay on your shoulder, but it might be a little more weight than you'd want on just one shoulder. Also, access in and out of the bags isn't the best if you're using a battery grip on your 30D.

When shooting sporting events I tend to just wheel my gear in a Pelican 1510 case (carry-on allowable for US domestic; I haven't lined it up next to an internationally-allowable bag to check if I can fly international with it yet but it looks about the same size as ThinkTank's Airport International Roller). On location I wear a ThinkTank "Modulus" belt with my extra gear attached (usually just an extra shorter lens and an extra lens pouch to stash my 70-200 when it's not in use). My laptop is in a separate bag as I don't need it at every event.

Quote:
Do you think this would be better for my trip to Italy than my Tamrac Velocity bag? (slingshot style)
I gave my Velocity 9 away because while it was pretty nice to swing around, the strap wouldn't support all of my gear comfortably, and I started suffering from all sorts of upper body pain unless I just slipped it over one shoulder like a normal bag. Also, like you said, it was somewhat difficult to constantly get in and out of.
Old 12-09-2007   #10
Llama

d2creative will become famous soon enough
CamelKarma: 80

I couldn't find one at my local shops and I don't see it on Lowepro's website either.

I still don't understand how you access it like the slingshot if it's a two strap backpack.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: