New travel tripod, Zomei Z688
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2018   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9058810
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default New travel tripod, Zomei Z688

As I have said before, we are going to Ireland and have decided to take lighter tripods so we looked at travel tripods. At present, we both have Gitzo aluminum pods which are great but heavy. Coupled with a Foba Superball head on one and an Acratech on the other, they were too heavy to carry over Ireland. I found a listing for a Zomei Z688 which sounded good and the price with ball head on ebay was $59.99. I bit and ordered one and I am very happy that I did. It arrived very fast from the US and is a fine purchase. It is light, the ball head holds my Nikon D800 with 300mm f4 securely and it breaks down into a monopod if needed. So the tripod lineup going with us includes the new Zomei and a very light Gitzo with the new Demon DB-44 head on the Gitzo pod. We have hired a professional photographer in Ireland to take us to a 3 hour evening shoot around the Dingle peninsula and a tripod is mandatory. The business leading the private tour is: https://www.dingledarkroom.com/magic/ and you can see some of his other travelers and his pictures. We still need graduated filters for the sunsets which will be ordered soon, We have ND filters.

Old 06-22-2018   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1004893
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: New travel tripod, Zomei Z688

Wonder why the magnesium one is 10 dollars cheaper. Couldn't find the weight of the tripod. Do you know?

Olympus OMD EM-1, EPL1, standard kit lens, 17mm 1.8, 60mm macro, 75-300mm II, 45mm 1.8, Rokinon 7.5mm Fish Eye, lens cap lens, ec-14, Fl-36 flash, adapter, misc accessories.
mike C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9058810
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: New travel tripod, Zomei Z688

It says about 3.2 lbs--1.58 Kg with head. I bought mine here. https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZOMEI-Z688-...53.m2749.l2649

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: