PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2007   #1
Vicuna

visagephoto is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 47
Default 18A (UV Black) Filters?

I'm looking for an 18A UV filter, can anyone advise if this filter is suitable for use with digital cameras (Fuji S2/3) & can it be used with normal (unfiltered) studio strobes and camera mounted flashguns.

Alan

Old 02-18-2007   #2
jya
Vicuna

jya is a name known to alljya is a name known to alljya is a name known to alljya is a name known to alljya is a name known to alljya is a name known to alljya is a name known to alljya is a name known to alljya is a name known to alljya is a name known to alljya is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 2214
Default Re: 18A (UV Black) Filters?

You want a filter that blocks visible light and only passes UV? To use on a color-sensitive camera? The blue pixels might have some UV sensitivity, so maybe that would work. What result do you expect?

Jerry
Old 02-19-2007   #3
Vicuna

visagephoto is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 47

I want the 18A filter for photographing personal injuries (faded bruising etc), and I really wanted to know whether this filter & technique were compatible with digital cameras, namely the Fuji S2 or S3, However I have since been advised that the best solution may be to buy a second hand D50/70 and have it converted. Or I suppose I could just use a film camera.
visagephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #4
Dromedary

Latinbob is just really niceLatinbob is just really niceLatinbob is just really niceLatinbob is just really niceLatinbob is just really niceLatinbob is just really niceLatinbob is just really nice
CamelKarma: 788
Editing OK?: Ask first

Take a look at Bjorn Rorslett's site: http://www.naturfotograf.com/UV_IR_rev00.html#top_page

UV is trickier than IR, but it is do-able. I think the modified D70/D50 would work better than the Fuji.
Latinbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #5
F1 Camel

badpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 1676
Editing OK?: Yes

for a fuji s2\3 you want a 89b or 87. the hoya r72 is the same as the 89b

Kenko MC7 2X, Pro 300
Nkkor 50 1.8 70-300VR
Phoenix 100, 650-1300& Sima 100mm F2 SF
Sigma 12-24, 18-50 HSM, 18-125, 50-500, 70-300, 120-300, 1.4X 2x
Tamron 28-75
badpickev is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: