PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Camera Accessories Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009   #1
Alpaca

elwoodsusanm is just really niceelwoodsusanm is just really niceelwoodsusanm is just really niceelwoodsusanm is just really niceelwoodsusanm is just really nice
CamelKarma: 475
Arrow Sandisk Extreme III SDHC card

Just bought this card and after taking several photos I have discovered it is not compatible with my computer
I have a built in slot to take various cards in the side of my Sony Vaio but it will not recognise this. Does anyone know if a card reader would work?

Windows Vista
Nikon D80
Canon Ixus 700
elwoodsusanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #2
Vicuna

nrottley is a jewel in the roughnrottley is a jewel in the roughnrottley is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 223
Default Re: Sandisk Extreme III SDHC card

I suspect that your computer only recognizes a regular SD card. You have a High Capacity SD card. If you were to purchase a separate card reader as long as it recognizes SDHC you're O.K.
See Secure Digital card - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for full explanation
nrottley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #3
Guanaco

PrestonSmith is a glorious beacon of lightPrestonSmith is a glorious beacon of lightPrestonSmith is a glorious beacon of lightPrestonSmith is a glorious beacon of lightPrestonSmith is a glorious beacon of lightPrestonSmith is a glorious beacon of lightPrestonSmith is a glorious beacon of lightPrestonSmith is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 948
Editing OK?: No

Many may work, but in my opinion the best solution is the Sandisk Micromate SD reader. It is compatible with the Extreme III cards and very very fast. Here is a link to what it looks like (at the bottom). It is small and fast

SanDisk 8-GB Extreme III SDHC Card and MicroMate USB 2.0 Reader - Press Release

I thought all the extreme iii's came bundled with them.
PrestonSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #4
Alpaca

elwoodsusanm is just really niceelwoodsusanm is just really niceelwoodsusanm is just really niceelwoodsusanm is just really niceelwoodsusanm is just really nice
Arrow Re: Sandisk Extreme III SDHC card

Thank you I will check this out. Meanwhile I have used my USB but it is much easier to whip the card out of the camera especially when it's all set up on the tripod
Sue
Canon Ixus 700
Old 01-20-2009   #5
Llama

The Viking is a name known to allThe Viking is a name known to allThe Viking is a name known to allThe Viking is a name known to allThe Viking is a name known to allThe Viking is a name known to allThe Viking is a name known to allThe Viking is a name known to allThe Viking is a name known to allThe Viking is a name known to allThe Viking is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 2798
Editing OK?: Yes

Have you checked to see if there is any driver updates available for the Vaio?

I had the same problem with my work laptop but Dell had an updated version of the internal card reader's driver that fixed it.

Good luck
Old 01-22-2009   #6
Alpaca

Arrow Re: Sandisk Extreme III SDHC card

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viking View Post
Have you checked to see if there is any driver updates available for the Vaio?

I had the same problem with my work laptop but Dell had an updated version of the internal card reader's driver that fixed it.

Good luck
Have spoken to Sony - nothing can be done Will have to use card reader or USB lead.

Windows Vista
Nikon D80
Canon Ixus 700

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Camera Accessories Forum »

Share this topic: