PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Camera Accessories Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008   #11
Llama

thebeing strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthebeing strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthebeing strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthebeing strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthebeing strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthebeing strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthebeing strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthebeing strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthebeing strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthebeing strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorthebeing strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 155965
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: FREE Camera Strap from SmugMug!!

and, i got that "we ship worldwide" but...i know 90% fo worldwide shippers have some countries they do not ship to...and, unfortunatelly, mine is one of them. I live in Romania...so, do you ship to sucky Romania, too?
i would really use a camera strap

comments welcomed, critics even more.

Last edited by thebeing; 05-12-2008 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: removed a question...reason for editing: stupidity. :)
thebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #12
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Left Brain Thinker

peterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 3017
Editing OK?: Ask first

Thanks guys. As a Smugmug pro account holder, this is just icing on the already good cake.

Regards,

Peter

http://www.photocamel.com/gallery/da...lueChecker.jpg
peterst6906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #13
Photocamel Master

brian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 10673

Great marketing plan. Give away $10 straps for worldwide advertising and make it look like a "thank you" gift. Smart.

I'd rather spend a few bucks and put my OWN name on my camera strap, if I was so inclined. At least I'd be generating business for myself instead of someone else.
Old 05-12-2008   #14
senses working overtime

Paul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 401964

Each to their own Brian. No point raining on other peoples parade though. Seems like lots of folks are happy with this freebie.
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #15
Former Camel

heartseye is just really niceheartseye is just really niceheartseye is just really niceheartseye is just really niceheartseye is just really nice
CamelKarma: 460
Editing OK?: No

Hi Brian....I have a SM strap already and love it....I've never actually seen another one exactly like it, and I have looked. And, as far as advertising goes, My cameras have their names boldly out front.....lenses too......my car has its name front , back, and god knows where else.......and on this forum look at all the people who list in minute detail the names of all their gear. And, my friend, it really IS a decent strap....cheers....Bob
heartseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #16
F1 Camel

Inked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 19166

I want to have shirts made. I am working on a cool logo now.

Weapon of choice: Sony Alpha 200
Lense:
Sony 18-70mm
Sony 50mm
Sigma 55-200mm

www.myspace.com/tilltheybleed
www.facebook.com/ernie.bustamante

Last edited by Inked Photography; 05-12-2008 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: mis-spellimg....Again.lol!
Inked Photography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #17
Photocamel Master

brian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 10673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Shields View Post
Each to their own Brian. No point raining on other peoples parade though. Seems like lots of folks are happy with this freebie.
Who's raining? I'm simply calling it like I see it. If people are happy with the strap (as Bob is) and don't mind advertising someone else's services for free, I have no problems with that.

But I also don't think it's fair to allow 20 people posting "yea, a freebie!" without a dose of reality.

And Bob, the biggest difference here is product vs service. When you purchased your car, camera, whatever, you paid for it and the transaction is finished. The analogy doesn't work here. A closer analogy would be getting a free phone from your telephone carrier AND having everyone who dialed it hear "Thank you for calling a ABC telephone customer" instead of a ring.
Old 05-12-2008   #18
F1 Camel

Inked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant futureInked Photography has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 19166

I think everyone knows what the reality is. But it was a slight damper. Honestly, it is nice of them to offer it. But doesn't the same go for bumber stickers, shirts, hats, golf balls, ect. Isn't that how advertising works. If I sent someone from Smug Mug a shirt would they wear. Maybe, would it help me. No, because I am not nation wide. BUt in this my space day and age when I shoot models I make banners for them to post on their page and yes it has my name. When it is clicked it goes straight to my page. It's just the circle that we all share.

Weapon of choice: Sony Alpha 200
Lense:
Sony 18-70mm
Sony 50mm
Sigma 55-200mm

www.myspace.com/tilltheybleed
www.facebook.com/ernie.bustamante
Inked Photography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #19
Former Camel

heartseye is just really niceheartseye is just really niceheartseye is just really niceheartseye is just really niceheartseye is just really nice
CamelKarma: 460
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian.austin View Post
Who's raining? I'm simply calling it like I see it. If people are happy with the strap (as Bob is) and don't mind advertising someone else's services for free, I have no problems with that.

But I also don't think it's fair to allow 20 people posting "yea, a freebie!" without a dose of reality.

And Bob, the biggest difference here is product vs service. When you purchased your car, camera, whatever, you paid for it and the transaction is finished. The analogy doesn't work here. A closer analogy would be getting a free phone from your telephone carrier AND having everyone who dialed it hear "Thank you for calling a ABC telephone customer" instead of a ring.
I take your point.....but when you walk around with the original equipment strap.....aren''t you then being an un-paid billboard for that company? Hard to see the difference really.....
heartseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #20
Vicuna

ozzfreak is just really niceozzfreak is just really niceozzfreak is just really niceozzfreak is just really niceozzfreak is just really nice
CamelKarma: 447

and anything has to be better than the stiff canon one that came with my 40D.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Camera Accessories Forum »

Share this topic: