Proximity beacon for marketing - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Business of Photography

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2017   #11
Llama

CamelKarma: 128611
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Proximity beacon for marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosxt View Post
..where they just have the price listed right there next to the product.
Yeah... if I dont see the two side by side on the same page, I move on...

Andrew

My albums at photocamel:
http://photocamel.com/gallery/u69945-shutterklick.html
ShutterKlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017   #12
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 339470
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Proximity beacon for marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwine View Post
I'm curious to see your results. I wonder, at a small school football game, how many would have the app to read the broadcast (or whatever you call it).

It sounds nifty, but depends on how popular the app is that the customer would use.
Doesn't require an app to read the message. Any Android phone with factory settings will show my message in their "notifications".

As far as results, I've only been using them and tracking info for the past couple weeks. One beacon is set up with one message, for one of my businesses. It appears that the message has been seen by about 400-500 people per day (fairly busy location, but message doesn't have universal appeal.) No business contacts. Another beacon was placed under a table at a fairly busy restaurant. It had a "Business headshot for $XX, along with a link to my website. That one gets about 100 hits a day, but no calls yet.

Another beacon is usually in my pants pocket, so it gets about 50-100 hits a day, depending on where I go. That message is for another business of mine, and helping me gain retirement (residual) income.

Just went to my Asirvia account and made some changes to some beacons and their messages. The "retirement income" message and link is now being broadcast via the beacon that gets 400-500 hits per day. Since that message is based on a universal need, if this doesn't get me some customers, I'll be surprised and disappointed.

Gonna give these units until the end of the year before I make my final assessment.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Business of Photography »

Share this topic:

Tags
advertising, asirvia, marketing, proximity beacon