Going to work in Narnia.
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Black & White

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 2493218
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Going to work in Narnia.

Why has it become so difficult to delete a post? Edit/Delete?

Comments, criticism, and all offers of free beer gratefully accepted...

Caffler on Flickr
Caffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1420838
Default Re: Going to work in Narnia.

I managed to extract your image link from your post (before the edit) and see it on Smugmug, but PhotoCamel is not showing it.

Kind of a grainy, stylized fog, but it is effective. I also assume that this is Edmund rather than Lucy approaching the gaslight pole? I would also suppose that Edmund wouldn't be caught dead carrying a shoulder bag like that, especially considering that he would have come there from WWII England, when such a bag would have been considered unforgivably effeminate. Furthermore, the one and only such pole in the whole Narnian world is nowhere near a human settlement and he definitely would not be "going to work" as an English urban worker would.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 2493218

Ach thanks for the analysis of the choreography of proletarian Narnia...

Caffler on Flickr
Caffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1420838

I don't necessarily know much about Narnian dance moves, but, having read the series of books several times, I do know something of Narnian history, including how that lamp post came to be there. You can look it up in The Magician's Nephew, if you like, and The Silver Chair mentions an annual dance ritual, but not by humans, near the end of the book.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Black & White »

Share this topic: