Monthly Challenges
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Birds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2018   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 45178438
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Monthly Challenges

Every month one of the moderators, generally me, starts a monthly challenge. These are getting less and less support as time goes by. These challenges are in the Sticky section at the top of the page, which some members don't look at.
Rather like notice boards, they are ignored
It would be nice if more members participated in these challenges which are just for fun, and nobody judges them. I have already stated that I will stop doing these monthly challenges unless the membership wants them and supports them, so the ball is now in YOUR court. If you want them to continue then you need to speak up and support them. If you don't like the challenge subject then say so and give suggestions for future challenges. The Bird Forum is the most supported forum on Photocamel, let's keep it that way and try to improve it. Rant over

www.kevinagar.uk

My flickr site

Bird Life List 1150
Bird Photographed Life List 951
Canon 7DMkII, 7D, 500L F4.0, 100-400L, 1.4 Extender, Speedlite 430EXII
Frogstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 43593804
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Monthly Challenges

Another point - it is OK to post an image in the challenge even if you have already posted it in the main forum. As long as you have not posted an image in an earlier challenge it is perfectly acceptable. You don't have to post your best image - nobody is judging them. As Kevin said - it is just for fun. Actually I go through my old images, some 10 years old, to find suitable ones for the challenge. Nice to see what I was doing a decade ago
Old 06-12-2018   #3
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 11442288

The Challenge is a lot of fun! As Gautam commented, it is enjoyable to look through and grab pictures from long ago - some I wouldn't necessarily post on the main forum today, but critiquing is simply not done on the Challenge.

Kevin is always looking for new recommendations for the Challenge, so if you have any ideas let him know.

Speaking of that, Kevin, do we have a BIF challenge? I can't recall. And maybe a Birds on Water Challenge? We all have shots of ducks, etc.

Join in the fun guys and support the Challenge - it will also add to your K balance!
DLeeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 7679246
Editing OK?: No

No doubt............. the challenge is a gotta have............

Darrell c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018   #5
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
Another point - it is OK to post an image in the challenge even if you have already posted it in the main forum. As long as you have not posted an image in an earlier challenge it is perfectly acceptable. You don't have to post your best image - nobody is judging them. As Kevin said - it is just for fun. Actually I go through my old images, some 10 years old, to find suitable ones for the challenge. Nice to see what I was doing a decade ago
Good points, thank you Gautam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeeT View Post
The Challenge is a lot of fun! As Gautam commented, it is enjoyable to look through and grab pictures from long ago - some I wouldn't necessarily post on the main forum today, but critiquing is simply not done on the Challenge.

Kevin is always looking for new recommendations for the Challenge, so if you have any ideas let him know.

Speaking of that, Kevin, do we have a BIF challenge? I can't recall. And maybe a Birds on Water Challenge? We all have shots of ducks, etc.

Join in the fun guys and support the Challenge - it will also add to your K balance!
Thank you Lee, BIF's have been done before but I'm sure it would work again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell c View Post
No doubt............. the challenge is a gotta have............
Thank you Darrell

Well having put this in the main forum area it has had 56 views, with 3 comments and has nearly dropped off the 1st page. There still doesn't seem to be a lot of support for it

www.kevinagar.uk

My flickr site

Bird Life List 1150
Old 06-14-2018   #6
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 29413573

I'll try to participate, I'm guilty as charged and just don't look at them.
hunter58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018   #7
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter58 View Post
I'll try to participate, I'm guilty as charged and just don't look at them.
Thanks Steve, it's not compulsory
It would be nice if more members took part though

www.kevinagar.uk

My flickr site

Bird Life List 1150

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Birds »

Share this topic: