PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Birds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012   #1
Vicuna

Leica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 16090
Default M9 and birds...

I made this and more on a recent trip to nearby bird gardens with my son. A lot of critiques have told me this combo of camera/lens is not suited for this type of photography,- I disagree. What do you think?
L1001512 copy.jpg
Please look here if you want to see more, -
Streamlight Photography: M9 does bird gardens with the 35mm 'Lux...

Old 05-08-2012   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 7132403
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: M9 and birds...

I like it
but the image gets soft in area's outside the face
like the wings
_Provo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

Frogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 29644147
Editing OK?: Ask First

I think that it works well with captive birds like this but what about shooting birds in the wild? Nice shot and I think the OOF wing is only because you used a low fstop thereby giving a shallow DOF. Nothing wrong with that.

My flickr site

My Galleries

Bird Life List 948
Bird Photographed Life List 709

Canon 7D, 50D, 500L F4.0, 100-400L, 1.4 Extender, Speedlite 430EXII
Frogstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012   #4
Vicuna

Leica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant futureLeica 777 has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 16090

That was intended, shooting with Leica 35 mm at F1.4!
Leica 777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012   #5
F1 Camel

bill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbill_w strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1071992
Editing OK?: Yes

Am actually surprised as much is in focus at 1.4.. those wings are pretty long! I can see however why people would say 35mm not suited for bird photography.. I struggle with 420mm LOL.. Beautiful shot of this Blue and Gold Macaw

As always C&C welcome and appreciated

Cam: Nikon D300s, D90
Lenses: Nikon 18-135, 70-300VR, Nikon 300mm 2.8 AF-S, Nikon 50mm 1.8G AF-S, Nikon TC14E-II, Tamron 90mm 2.8
Nikon 12-24 f/4G, Nikon SB-600 Flash
Manfrotto 393

My Flickr Page

My Facebook Page
bill_w is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Birds »

Share this topic: