PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Architecture & Cityscapes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2006   #1
Vicuna

Darryl Cox is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 16
Default The Upscale Country Store Snapshot.

Country store conviences, the ladies is of the right....note the easy chair.

This is located at a tri-corner on an asphalt county road in Kansas just above the Oklahoma State Line.
Looking in the window is an adventure of the past.

Darryl

Darryl Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #2
dc2
Photocamel Master

dc2 is a jewel in the roughdc2 is a jewel in the roughdc2 is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 290
Default Re: The Upscale Country Store Snapshot.

Neat old store . I can spend hours looking in stores like this back here .
And once in the blue moon I even buy something
Feel free to edit any of my photos<br />All comments welcome and appreciated<br />London England<br />Canon 1Ds2<br />I lost faith in religion as a child when I saw a lightning conductor being fitted to the local church.
RSPB Member.
dc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #3
Vicuna

Default dc2

The central and southwest plains of the U.S. is dotted these little settlements. Most were agriculture and they dried up when the railroads forged West. Some were oil boom town, there for a period and when the wells were drilled or dried up they were abandoned.

West on my home is or was a town called Five Sands....big rich oil area. The oil was so good your could put it in your Model "A"
Ford gas tanks and burn it like galsoline. Now all you see are a few pumping stations, an abandoned building or two and seas of grass.

So much of this is dissapearing so fast if is hard to photograph them all before they dissapear.

MAkes life fun.

Darryl Cox
Old 02-28-2006   #4
Vicuna

In my three visits to this little corner town ( four houses and a functioning church ) I have yet to see the store open and there have been no signs or notes on the door to offer it being open by appointment. Peering through the windows one see some order to the way junk is piled but who knows.

When I go back through there in sping I will check it out again.

Live is good,
Darryl
Old 02-28-2006   #5
Camel Breath

JDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 2120136
Editing OK?: Yes

Brought a smile to my face.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Architecture & Cityscapes »

Share this topic: