" Taken 7/26... "" TODAYS' BARNS ""
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Architecture & Cityscapes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007   #1
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 886
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default " Taken 7/26... "" TODAYS' BARNS ""

Ok, as I said in an earlier post, I got out today to shoot, felt good after two days behind a keyboard..lol...

buttttttt, none the less, I guess you all know what I chase, and its usually RED..

So, on this first pic, Have a look at the URIE LYN FARM,,, Least thats what the name says ..

Second Pic... Have a few of this Barn, and this is the one I went after today..
soooo here ya go, The Ole Lady In Red ....

and last on the list , is one I posted earlier this week, I went back, Tripod in hand this time , and hopefully went for a better exposure overall.. Also not quite as much natural frame as the other one had.. I actually went out onto the bridge,,

put up data on this one, since I did some changing...
  • Focal length: 18.8mm (35mm equivalent: 74mm)
  • Exposure time: 0.0080 s (1/125)
  • Aperture: f/6.0
  • ISO equiv.: 50
  • Whitebalance: Manual
  • Metering Mode: spot
  • Exposure: Manual

Last edited by New England Moments; 07-28-2007 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: (2 ) Pics' Added..
New England Moments is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 31177
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: " Taken 7/26... "" TODAYS' BARNS ""

I like em all!!! You know me!!!

But, my favorite is #1...has great balance with the wildflowers and the barn in the corner of the frame...

#2 is a great view but the hay bale trailer seems to bother me cutting off some of the barn...

#3's exposure is amazing!!! but It just doesnt seem to catch me for some reason...dont quite know why but ill come back and see if it pushes me in that direction!!

well done and your getting me back in the mood for barn shooting!!!
garrentee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 61045
Editing OK?: Yes

Very nice work Tom #1 is my favorite for that great colorful foreground interest

I was very surprised to see you only used an f/6 on the last shot??

Jay

SonyAlphaLab.com
Now On Google+

Jason Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 711
Editing OK?: Yes

Like #'s 1 and 3 the most. #2, yea, ya kinda cut into the barn a bit, but you also cut the bottom a bit short.

But hey, as Steven Wright says:
"You can't have everything.... where would you put it?"
"A good photograph is knowing where to stand." ~Ansel Adams
Goofup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #5
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 2711051

Nice natural colors compliment the scenes in each. I am certainly most drawn to the 1st with the beautiful foreground color.
Old 07-27-2007   #6
Former Camel

Thanks everyone!! I was kind of surprised to hear the good words on #1.. Wow.. I liked it , but on the other hand , thought everyone would say Cliche ??

ok, Thanks folks appreciate feedback!!
New England Moments is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #7
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 22

Nice shots Nem! I like 1 and 3 being my favourite! I like how it draws you in make me want to walk over the bridge and see whats there not sure the trolley works for me in no 2 although im not familiar with farm equipment I would like to see some closer photos of that barn though looks like it has lots of potential!
Will85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007   #8
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 166

One and three are just wonderful. I like the composistion and how it leads my eye . Fantastic

Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography.
George Eastman
Laycey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007   #9
Llama

CamelKarma: 107338
Editing OK?: Ask first

#1 and #3 for me too, for me the trailer kind of hurts #2, it kind of forms a barrier between me(viewer) and the barn. Just my 2c .
Lionello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007   #10
Former Camel

Will..... Laycey....Lionello...

Hey Thanks to ya for viewing and leaving comments... Well I can safely say the shot with the hay wagon isn't going to make the portfolio lol... I was mixed myself on that one , but did have some older shots of the barn, so tried something different... guess it was to different...

anyway heres a couple of just the barn, one distant, one up close and personal..

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Architecture & Cityscapes »

Share this topic: