Waxahatchie Court House
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Architecture & Cityscapes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2191976
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Waxahatchie Court House

Graflex Super D (194
Gundlach Portrait Petzval Ser A c. 1925
F8 1/300 sec.
Ilford HP5 @ 800
Xtol 1:1 constant agitation 20 min Jobo
Waxahachie WWII Weekend 2017

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 993227
Default Re: Waxahatchie Court House

Nice job. One of the cooler, and more grotesque of the courthouses in these parts!
I really am enjoying working with that Ilford HP5
Didereaux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2191976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didereaux View Post
Nice job. One of the cooler, and more grotesque of the courthouses in these parts!
I really am enjoying working with that Ilford HP5
Likewise on the HP5. This is the first time I used Xtol and have to say I really do like it better than the Microphen and Pyrocat I've been using. Now that I've tried 800 with 1:1 I'm going to shoot some 4x5 at 3200 and see how it looks using stock. The grain is so minimal some people spike the mix with a tiny amount of Rodinal just to get a little grain.

Right now I've got two rolls of HP5 shot at 400 rolling in the Jobo with Xtol 1:2 to see if it brings up more grain in medium format.
alanbutler57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 993227

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbutler57 View Post
Likewise on the HP5. This is the first time I used Xtol and have to say I really do like it better than the Microphen and Pyrocat I've been using. Now that I've tried 800 with 1:1 I'm going to shoot some 4x5 at 3200 and see how it looks using stock. The grain is so minimal some people spike the mix with a tiny amount of Rodinal just to get a little grain.

Right now I've got two rolls of HP5 shot at 400 rolling in the Jobo with Xtol 1:2 to see if it brings up more grain in medium format.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Architecture & Cityscapes »

Share this topic: