Venice
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Architecture & Cityscapes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2017   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 446243
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Venice

Venice.
[5DMk2, 24-105 f/4L]

Thanks for visiting.

Old 10-13-2017   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1420838
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Venice

I like the first one a lot. The second has too much contrast for my taste. The dark sky and water especially look as if their tones have been messed with. Straightening up the converging verticals might also help this image a bit.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017   #3
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

Beautiful shots! keep up the good work.
Desmond Kenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 15965302

Ditto scroundrel's comments although the darkness of the scene works a little with the wave action...
gehutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017   #5
Llama

CamelKarma: 36102

Sometime looks a bit off with both images. Did you process these at all, or are they sooc? Did you a polarizer maybe?

Something in the first image, makes me feel like the WB is off. I get the impression that it's early morning or late afternoon looking at the shadows. But the WB looks more like mid day. The colors seem played with as well.

In the second image, it looks like it was processed with some sort of preset. The contrast is too high, the whites look washed out, and the colors look muted somehow.

Let us know how you processed the images, or if they are sooc. Very interesting.

Nikon D800, D5500 IR 590nm, D50
nu2scene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017   #6
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 446243

Rob, thanks for your observations.
Now about the processing. The first shot was taken past noon, say around 1:00 PM. The shot has been processed using film presets in JPEG. hence, the colors don't look very digital. I had increased the saturation a bit to see how it goes. The second shot was taken while we were returning, say about 2:30PM on our way to Mestre. The photo was processed only for levels, nothing else. The purpose was to create contrasts in the sky with the clouds and in the water with the foam in the waves. The shot was taken from the water bus and I had to make do with whatever angle of shooting I could get in the crowded water bus. Since I didn't want to correct the effects of wide angle distortions. In fact, I like the distortion.

Thanks for your patience.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Architecture & Cityscapes »

Share this topic: