A sunday morn 30 years ago ....
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > All Other Styles & Types

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6 Days Ago   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 993227
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default A sunday morn 30 years ago ....

I and a friend were out early on a Sunday morning almost exactly thirty years ago this month. We were just driving along the levee of the Sacramento River window gazing. The fog had lifted up a hundred feet or so and everything was gray, deserted and abandoned looking. We entered the little town of Isleton and I spotted this old building with its rusted stained corrugated siding and that incongruous Christmas decoration on the light pole. So we stopped I got out with the intention of taking a BW of the scenes, what with all the lines, geometry and textures I thought it would make a fine BW. But as I stood studying the things, figuring out a composition it sank in that I was looking at these primary colors almost saturated in the decorations, and then looking at the woman with me and she had on this yellow windbreaker jacket and dark blue jeans....well I just couldn't pass it up. Got the other camera with the color film loaded in it and I ask her to walk over to the lamp post and lean against it sort of casually, and after a couple of maneuvers we came up with this pose. When I got the film back she asked me what I was going to title the picture as...without thinking I told her ' The Christmas Hooker' Our relationship was never quite the same after that!

Old 6 Days Ago   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 194894643
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: A sunday morn 30 years ago ....

A nice shot and interesting story.
I hope the lady is back on speaking terms with you.
Old 6 Days Ago   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 993227
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: A sunday morn 30 years ago ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfd View Post
A nice shot and interesting story.
I hope the lady is back on speaking terms with you.

Haven't seen her in years. Some people are just really thin-skinned.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > All Other Styles & Types »

Share this topic: