A guide to taking memorable photos.
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > All Other Styles & Types

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2016   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

wolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 186043119
Editing OK?: Yes
Default A guide to taking memorable photos.

Stop taking nature photos.

A scientific guide developed by MIT:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...orable-photos/

- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016   #2
Dromedary

klaesser strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorklaesser strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorklaesser strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorklaesser strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorklaesser strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorklaesser strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorklaesser strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorklaesser strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorklaesser strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorklaesser strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorklaesser strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1036487
Default Re: A guide to taking memorable photos.

I knew there was a reason all my sunsets never sold!! I thought it was my bad photography.
klaesser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016   #3
Camel Breath

wolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaesser View Post
I knew there was a reason all my sunsets never sold!! I thought it was my bad photography.
Old 01-01-2016   #4
Photocamel Master

scoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 847429
Editing OK?: Ask first

"Memorable" isn't the same as "good." Despite landscape images' being low in memorability, my wife nevertheless bought a 36" x 24" frame and more or less demanded that I fill it with one of my Yosemite pictures. This was something I was nervous about doing because the large size would also magnify any defects in resolution. Fortunately, the picture found a place above the living room couch, where the couch serves to discourage an unduly close approach to the image.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016   #5
Camel Breath

I agree Scoundrel that memorable does not necessarily translate into good.
I would prefer a lovely landscape hanging on my living room wall over an image of a flying pair of scissors for sure.
Old 01-02-2016   #6
Photocamel Master

scoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 847429
Editing OK?: Ask first

These images may be memorable, but I would trip the shutter on only a few of them, and I would rate none of them to be a truly exemplary photographic image.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016   #7
Camel Breath

I agree scoundrel.
I think their main appeal is to make a big, unforgettable initial impression.
Old 01-02-2016   #8
Alpaca

vbm6767 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorvbm6767 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorvbm6767 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorvbm6767 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorvbm6767 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorvbm6767 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorvbm6767 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorvbm6767 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorvbm6767 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorvbm6767 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorvbm6767 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 228793

vbm6767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016   #9
Vicuna

fr8linr has a reputation beyond reputefr8linr has a reputation beyond reputefr8linr has a reputation beyond reputefr8linr has a reputation beyond reputefr8linr has a reputation beyond reputefr8linr has a reputation beyond reputefr8linr has a reputation beyond reputefr8linr has a reputation beyond reputefr8linr has a reputation beyond reputefr8linr has a reputation beyond reputefr8linr has a reputation beyond repute
CamelKarma: 29405

I would think that what and how you shoot is a personal thing. What is your real goal, making money or making something that makes an impression and expresses you as an artist and then you go from there.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > All Other Styles & Types »

Share this topic: