PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > All Other Styles & Types

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Days Ago   #1
Vicuna

Frank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 3062392
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Prehistoric Milky Way

Do you think we could tell folks it was taken with a really, really old camera?

Or just tell them the truth...we had someone drive up with their lights on while I was taking a shot of the Milky Way. Had to figure out something to do with it. So practice, practice, practice. Gotta' learn somehow.

Camera: Nikon D700, Nikon D7100
Nikkor Lenses: AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G, AF 105mm f/2.8, AF-S 35mm f/1.8G, AF-S 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G VR ED, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Nikon AF 80-200mm f/2.8
Frank S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #2
F1 Camel

ksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 7306314
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Prehistoric Milky Way

A scarey sight !

Can you darken the star field a smidge? and increase the contrast on the dinos? or add some light like from a headlight on the one green one? Great idea!
Old 1 Day Ago   #3
Bactrian

palters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 4446381

Cherie is 100% right, dim it a little add contrast and do a little burning and it makes it look fantastic.
palters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #4
Vicuna

Frank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrank S strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Thanks Cherie and Palters for the input ... I appreciate it. Here's another attempt. Is this more towards what you are describing? Once again, thanks for the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dinosaurs.jpg (144.5 KB, 23 views)

Nikkor Lenses: AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G, AF 105mm f/2.8, AF-S 35mm f/1.8G, AF-S 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G VR ED, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Nikon AF 80-200mm f/2.8
Old 1 Day Ago   #5
F1 Camel

ksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

There ya go! Awesome, I know my 6 yr old would love it!
Old 1 Day Ago   #6
F1 Camel

Donspear strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDonspear strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDonspear strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDonspear strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDonspear strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDonspear strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDonspear strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDonspear strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDonspear strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDonspear strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDonspear strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 18359928

Great idea and nicely processed.
Donspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #7
Vicuna

Cherie, please give a copy to your 6 year old for me.

Thanks again. Sometimes it's helpful to see things through someone else's eyes. It has also helped me realize some techniques I need to work on. (I have a long list of those).

Old 1 Day Ago   #8
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
Cherie, please give a copy to your 6 year old for me.

Thanks again. Sometimes it's helpful to see things through someone else's eyes. It has also helped me realize some techniques I need to work on. (I have a long list of those).
You bet... (and I bet my list is longer than your list! )
Old 1 Day Ago   #9
Bactrian

palters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpalters strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 4446381

I sent a copy to my 3 year old grandson. He is a future Paleontologist. The kid can name virtually every dino know to man and correctly pronounces them too. Paul

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > All Other Styles & Types »

Share this topic: