PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > All Other Styles & Types

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2014   #1
Bactrian

Desmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 2825987
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Presenting "Supersound Photography" :)

In its early stages as with many of my inventions
The main principle is that, using a camera with a ccd sensor [D50], as I press the shutter release and the camera takes the picture the flash circuit switches an SCR which dumps 240 volts from a capacitor that has been charged by an old flash - through a wire which explodes - then the sound waves travel to a modified voice activated switch which triggers the flash .... all within 1/4000th sec
Now I need to get creative - I think I can tame the light by putting a large water balloon on top of the wire and then using the flash to light the top of the water balloon....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVdPwlfu-uk

Old 05-04-2014   #2
Bactrian

Desmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDesmond strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
Default Re: Presenting "Supersound Photography" :)

The first photos are messy - but this is just the beginning

Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014   #3
Bactrian

This video might explain it better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YhE4gU9bHg
Old 05-25-2014   #4
Bactrian

Today's test results. I set shutter speed to 1/250th to allow for some leeway in the distance I have the microphone. F36 to control the light of the exploding wire , iso200. I moved the mic 64cm away which would take the sound 1/500th sec to reach it and trigger the first flash, which triggers the second flash optically. Initially I had the mic much closer, it is now 10X further away but the balloon still doesn't have enough time to burst before the flash fires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOKA_teqsMk
Old 05-25-2014   #5
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

wolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 154641784

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me Desmond. Nice shots.
Old 05-25-2014   #6
Bactrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfd View Post
Your creativity never ceases to amaze me Desmond. Nice shots.
Thanks, at the moment I have some obstacles to overcome but I will get there eventually

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > All Other Styles & Types »

Share this topic: