PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Abstract & Artistic Expression

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008   #1
Vicuna

MeleKalikimaka is a glorious beacon of lightMeleKalikimaka is a glorious beacon of lightMeleKalikimaka is a glorious beacon of lightMeleKalikimaka is a glorious beacon of lightMeleKalikimaka is a glorious beacon of lightMeleKalikimaka is a glorious beacon of lightMeleKalikimaka is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 862
Default Custom Bokeh

messing aroung with this article

DIY - Create your own Bokeh | DIYPhotography.net

tried it out(too late for xmas)
Dublin City Lights with Custom Bokeh on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Old 02-11-2008   #2
Llama

Kosherpaparazzi has a spectacular aura aboutKosherpaparazzi has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 122
Default Re: Custom Bokeh

awe, sweet. Thanks for the link. I'l have to try it out sometime.
Kosherpaparazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008   #3
Llama

highbarger is a jewel in the roughhighbarger is a jewel in the roughhighbarger is a jewel in the roughhighbarger is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 319

A photog shared this technique with me about 34 years ago while I was a kid at summer camp... we now share ideas and talk 'shop'.
highbarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008   #4
Camel Breath

jfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4939
Editing OK?: No

I remember seeing this in an old book on photography, but forgot about it. The argument is hilarious. For the record, darkness in the corners is called light falloff. Vignetting is caused by something obscuring the image circle, like a filter or lens hood, to a point that it shows up on the image. Bokeh refers to the out of focus elements in an image. This technique obviously affects the quality of the Bokeh, and can also cause vignetting and introduce light falloff in the corners. Nevertheless, a cool little technique that I try and maybe incorporate in some of my stuff. Thanks for posting it!

jfrancho is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Abstract & Artistic Expression »

Share this topic: