Bromeliad on the cheap
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Abstract & Artistic Expression

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2017   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 993227
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Bromeliad on the cheap

Took this shot as I had recently inherited some old camera gear. In the lot was one I had never seen before an Access 70-210mm Macro F3.5. Great construction. Looked it up and no manuals available, but the going price is under $10 yep a zoom macro under 10 bucks....yeah jes gotta know that sucker barely passes light! Right? Well it's an old Nikon F mount and I have an adapter plate to go from that to Canon EOS so went out and gave it a try. As can be seen the image is soft, It is the same softness at all focal lengths, and in the macro mode. Bokeh is really great....but oh that softness! So for less that $10 you too can do a picture like this. The second one has been worked over with denoise, and a couple of sharpening stuff in PSE15 both have exposure adj AND it has a lot of chromatic so that was removed in LR before any other work.

1.SOOC

2. Adj in LR and PSE

Old 07-13-2017   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1420838
Default Re: Bromeliad on the cheap

Lensbaby Lite... Then again, shots can do well with the soft-focus effect as this does. The processing hasn't done all that much to the visibility of the longitudinal chromatic aberration and even the chromatic aberration on the in-focus parts isn't really objectionable without correction when a soft-focus effect is called for.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 993227
Default Re: Bromeliad on the cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel1728 View Post
Lensbaby Lite... Then again, shots can do well with the soft-focus effect as this does. The processing hasn't done all that much to the visibility of the longitudinal chromatic aberration and even the chromatic aberration on the in-focus parts isn't really objectionable without correction when a soft-focus effect is called for.
soft works well usually for stuff that I print on matte paper, I just dont use matte that often though. I may pull out o peice of unbleached linen matte and give it a go on this. Thnks for the comments

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Abstract & Artistic Expression »

Share this topic: