PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
PhotoCamel Directory Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Abstract and Artistic Expression

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012   #1
Bactrian

habakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1018622
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default The thing N°724

(click > zoom)

cheers
®

My Blog ::: www.punctumgallery.ch ::: www.driftingaway.org ::: www.goodeye.ch ::: Workshops in creativity & perception[/COLOR][/B]
habakuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #2
Bactrian

habakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorhabakuk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
Default Re: The thing N°724

Just in case you wonder... this is a copper plate used to cover a round dormer window. We are building a new roof on our old house and this is a shot of that copper plate in the evening sun.

cheers
®

My Blog ::: www.punctumgallery.ch ::: www.driftingaway.org ::: www.goodeye.ch ::: Workshops in creativity & perception[/COLOR][/B]
Old 04-02-2012   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

wolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 122129430
Editing OK?: Yes

Interesting shot.
Old 04-03-2012   #4
Guanaco

Recalibration strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRecalibration strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRecalibration strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRecalibration strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRecalibration strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRecalibration strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRecalibration strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRecalibration strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRecalibration strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRecalibration strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRecalibration strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 107901

I like it...the shape reminds me of a banner or flag. Like the colors!
Old 04-04-2012   #5
Bactrian

Thank you for your comments! Yes, a flying flag/banner is something that came to my mind too.

cheers
®

Old 04-06-2012   #6
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Llama

ChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 14126

it's been awhile my friend, habakuk
I'm so very happy to see your work again.
I love it.
So take this as a compliment, if you will,
as something similar at least in appearance
where one afternoon the sunlight was striking
our kitchen counter just so, and I decided to take
a photograph of the light.

It is, after all, all about light.
And what some fail to realize is this:

Every photon we as photographers capture
on our sensors or our films; every single one
comes from one and only one source; with one
caveat; and that is if you are an astronomical
photographer of light outside our sun, other than
that, we are all capturing photons from the same
source, although bounced off of differing substrates.

So, my very dear friend, habakuk, here is my random
off-the-counter shot....

the light came through the window by ChicagoJohn, on Flickr
ChicagoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #7
Bactrian

Thank you, John. I'm glad you don't limit your photography to things that have the potential to appeal to masses. Sometimes beauty lies in tiny moments and spots. Photography is to me a school to perceive the world with a more open heart.

cheers
®

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Abstract and Artistic Expression »

Share this topic: