PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Abstract & Artistic Expression

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011   #21
Guanaco

elaine baylon has a brilliant futureelaine baylon has a brilliant futureelaine baylon has a brilliant futureelaine baylon has a brilliant futureelaine baylon has a brilliant futureelaine baylon has a brilliant futureelaine baylon has a brilliant futureelaine baylon has a brilliant futureelaine baylon has a brilliant futureelaine baylon has a brilliant futureelaine baylon has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 15327
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Heart Attack!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira View Post
Wonderful finds!!!!
Hi Mira, thanks!!
r
elaine baylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #22
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

wolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 154793133
Editing OK?: Yes

[quote=elaine baylon;1365301]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfd View Post
When my son was married on the beach of Upper Campbell Lake, Vancouver Island last May, my (now) sister in law found this piece of driftwood on the beach. The heart shape has a little stone embedded in it. She thought it a good omen and married my brother less than a year later.

Hi Wolf!! that's a very interesting heart, i love the story..
thanks for sharing it with us..
Thank you Elaine.

Kudos to you for starting this 'hearts' forum / thread.
Old 09-04-2011   #23
Llama

ChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 14126

First of all, Elaine Baylon, NEVER say "Heart Attack" to someone like me over 60. OK? You almost gave me a heart attack!

But now that I see what you're doing with this thread, here is my first contribution, probably too direct, but it is what is is. More to follow... (can you find all 22 hearts?)

22 hearts by ChicagoJohn, on Flickr
ChicagoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #24
Llama

ChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant futureChicagoJohn has a brilliant future

cherry heart by ChicagoJohn, on Flickr
Old 09-06-2011   #25
Llama

russian cloisonne spoon c 1900 by ChicagoJohn, on Flickr
Old 09-06-2011   #26
Camel Breath

wolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Nice set, John. I really like the cherry one.

As a fellow member of the 'over 60' club I can relate to your fear of the words heart attack.
Old 09-06-2011   #27
Llama

Thanks, Wolf. Elaine came up with another cool idea!

(I was only kidding about the heart attack thing, of course. As you well, know, we take it as it comes and enjoy it while we can! )
Old 09-06-2011   #28
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoJohn View Post
Thanks, Wolf. Elaine came up with another cool idea!

(I was only kidding about the heart attack thing, of course. As you well, know, we take it as it comes and enjoy it while we can! )
Agreed, John, I was only kidding too!!
Old 09-06-2011   #29
Llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
Interesting thread
5xmacro broken glass, 15 focus stacked photos
I've been looking at this several times, Bob, it finally struck me that this isn't necessarily intended to be an iconic heart-shape, but perhaps an actual organ. So it's really an interesting and creative take on the thread as stated "Heart Attack!", I think.

I can only imagine the DoF problems with 5X macro, and after struggling with 2X, I have to also admire the effort required to combine 15 layers of stacked images at different foci to arrive at a final image like this, let along from broken glass.

So, you know, sometimes we don't "get it" the first time we see it. But I'm really glad I kept think about this one and it is a very nice example for this "Heart Attack!" thread.
Old 09-06-2011   #30
Llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobird View Post
Another one I had hanging around.

Bobobird; your images and wolf's have inspired us to go out today on a "heart-hunt". We'll see what happens. But in any case, I like both and this one in particular, especially because of the way the color of the clouds supports the idea.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Abstract & Artistic Expression »

Share this topic: