My 52 for 2017 - Page 15
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week
 

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #141
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 54,757
CamelKarma: 194398119
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Another nice set of cruise photos for week 28, Wolf.
Despite the rain drops, the 1st couple of photos look like a really neat glacier and a pretty full boat of people.
The food in ph8, 9, and 10, look super yummy especially all the dessert which are always my favorite. That USA cake is pretty artistic.
The entertainment photos 11 thru 16 look really fun. Lots of great performers, costumes and colors. They really produced some great night time photos and you captured some excellent positional shots, Wolf.
Cheers, Murray
Thanks very much for your encouragement Murray. Appreciated.
I was really impressed by the cool blue colors of the Hubbard Glacier.
The food on the ship was first class - I think I may have gained a few pounds on our trip. lol.
The entertainment was first class as well - there was a different show every night. For those who wanted something different there was a casino, several bars even dancing to a live band.

Cheers
Wolf
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #142
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
mistermonday's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,061
CamelKarma: 163248362
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Another very colorful set of photos for week 29, Wolf.
It looks like another fun Agassiz Fair. Ph1 & 2 look pretty normal but there is something very strange about the subject in ph3.
That's a beautiful float in ph4.
The crew in ph5 look great but someone should tell them that 2018 doesn't start for 4 months.
Nice piracy in ph6 but it looks like there are one-too-many asses in ph7.
In ph8 it looks like there are more fire trucks than people in the little town.
In ph9 you are showing us a bunch of noses and a whole bunch of ass. What are you trying to tell us Wolf?
I love those colorful super bubbles in ph10.
I think ph11 could use some electric saws.
Those rabbits ate too much and look a bit depressed.
Porky in ph15 stinks but your Camel in the last photo wins you the Grand Prize.
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #143
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
mistermonday's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,061
CamelKarma: 163248362
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

A very scenic set of photos for week 30, Wolf.
The first 3 photos are pretty and peaceful but a bit bleak.
The CP train in ph4 looks very powerful against the bright colorful background.
That's a beautiful photo of Mt Cheam to close the set of photos.
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #144
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 54,757
CamelKarma: 194398119
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Another very colorful set of photos for week 29, Wolf.
It looks like another fun Agassiz Fair. Ph1 & 2 look pretty normal but there is something very strange about the subject in ph3.
That's a beautiful float in ph4.
The crew in ph5 look great but someone should tell them that 2018 doesn't start for 4 months.
Nice piracy in ph6 but it looks like there are one-too-many asses in ph7.
In ph8 it looks like there are more fire trucks than people in the little town.
In ph9 you are showing us a bunch of noses and a whole bunch of ass. What are you trying to tell us Wolf?
I love those colorful super bubbles in ph10.
I think ph11 could use some electric saws.
Those rabbits ate too much and look a bit depressed.
Porky in ph15 stinks but your Camel in the last photo wins you the Grand Prize.
Cheers, Murray
Thanks very much for your observations and kindly comments Murray. Appreciated as always.
I think the guy in ph3 was 'the Wolfman'
Yes the little community of Agassiz takes a lot of pride in their annual fair and it shows in that float in ph4. The fair has been going for over 100 years now.
Those youngsters in ph5 are optimistic and hopeful that they will graduate from high school in 2018.
Lol . too many asses in ph7.
Lol your comment on ph9.
That fellow in ph10 was very proficient at creating those superbubbles for sure.
Those folks in ph11 were getting some good exercise with the hand saws but yes an electric saw would definitely have done a quicker job.
Yes I think the rabbits were a bit sad looking.
I agree the camel in the last shot has a cool look about him.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #145
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 54,757
CamelKarma: 194398119
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
A very scenic set of photos for week 30, Wolf.
The first 3 photos are pretty and peaceful but a bit bleak.
The CP train in ph4 looks very powerful against the bright colorful background.
That's a beautiful photo of Mt Cheam to close the set of photos.
Cheers, Murray
Thanks very much for your kindly comments Murray.
Now that we are heading into fall & winter the bleak views of Harrison Lake and environs are going to be more frequent.
Mt. Cheam seems to have a personality of its own no matter what the weather.
It is one of my favorite photo subjects.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #146
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 54,757
CamelKarma: 194398119
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Week 33
Week of October 9/17.

For this week's images we go to Vancouver's Granville Island Public Market.
Always an interesting place to walk about.

1


2


3


4
One can almost smell the freshness.


5


6
The buskers had lots of audience.


7


8


9


10


11


12


13


14
My bride and I.

__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #147
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
mistermonday's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,061
CamelKarma: 163248362
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

A great set of exploration photos for week 31, Wolf.
Interesting that you chose Fort Langley to go see, because that is just scrambled letter code for "Fang Trolley" which is more representative of hungry little grandchildren.
Ph2 thru 7 are nice historic photos of the place.
Ph8 & 9 are really nice images of people of the era.
Wow, Crosby has sure grown. He looks a lot like his older brother Gavin.
I hope Emily and Crosby got a few oz of gold in ph11 & 12.
In ph13, Crosby's smile shows he hit the jackpot!
Wow, Gavin has also grown a bunch.
The photo of Pam, Emily, and You is an excellent one to end the week.
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #148
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 54,757
CamelKarma: 194398119
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
A great set of exploration photos for week 31, Wolf.
Interesting that you chose Fort Langley to go see, because that is just scrambled letter code for "Fang Trolley" which is more representative of hungry little grandchildren.
Ph2 thru 7 are nice historic photos of the place.
Ph8 & 9 are really nice images of people of the era.
Wow, Crosby has sure grown. He looks a lot like his older brother Gavin.
I hope Emily and Crosby got a few oz of gold in ph11 & 12.
In ph13, Crosby's smile shows he hit the jackpot!
Wow, Gavin has also grown a bunch.
The photo of Pam, Emily, and You is an excellent one to end the week.
Cheers, Murray
Thank you Murray for your very observant commentary.
Well done on de-scrambling the hidden code behind the Fort Langley name.
I knew there was more here than they are letting on.
I agree the grands are growing up way too fast.
Crosby works very hard at keeping up with his brother Gavin and cousin Emily.
The museum puts a few tiny pieces of fake gold in that gravel - so there was a lot of excitement on Emily and Gavin's part when the snagged a piece of gold each.
The gold panning kept them occupied for over an hour.
Yes Gavin is a big boy now for sure. He and Emily get along very well together.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #149
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
mistermonday's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,061
CamelKarma: 163248362
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Another colorful set of photos for week 32, Wolf.
Ph1 is a pretty view of the Fraser River for this time of year.
I thought the Langara Fishing Lodge was actually a fixed, non-mobile structure. It's pretty neat for it to be movable.
Those local fishing folks in ph3 & ph4 look pretty rugged.
Very nice Mt. Baker photos in ph5 & 6. It looks like it is 4.5 miles away, not 45!
Chillin looks pretty comfortable in ph8 but the chillin couple in ph9 actually look frozen.
Nice to see another $10 trillion site going up there.
I hope the Dude from ph11 ends up recovering his hat or else he will be seen as a Dud.
Those rose hips are a lovely image to close out the set.
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #150
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 54,757
CamelKarma: 194398119
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Another colorful set of photos for week 32, Wolf.
Ph1 is a pretty view of the Fraser River for this time of year.
I thought the Langara Fishing Lodge was actually a fixed, non-mobile structure. It's pretty neat for it to be movable.
Those local fishing folks in ph3 & ph4 look pretty rugged.
Very nice Mt. Baker photos in ph5 & 6. It looks like it is 4.5 miles away, not 45!
Chillin looks pretty comfortable in ph8 but the chillin couple in ph9 actually look frozen.
Nice to see another $10 trillion site going up there.
I hope the Dude from ph11 ends up recovering his hat or else he will be seen as a Dud.
Those rose hips are a lovely image to close out the set.
Cheers, Murray
Thank you so much for your kindly comments Murray. Appreciated as always.
We are very fortunate to be living only about 5 minute drive to the Fraser River - it affords some great photo opportunities.
Yes, they tow that Langara fishing lodge to some of the best fishing areas on the west coast.
Mt Baker is a lovely scene for sure. It is snow covered all year round.
I agree those fishing folk are dressed for whatever the weather can throw at them.
Lol the frozen couple.
Yes the current construction boom is proving quite profitable for the local developers and continues unabated. One has to wonder when the bubble is going to burst.
Hahaha - the Dude is a Dud.

Cheers
Wolf


__________________
Members don't see ads in threads. Register for your free account today and become a member of PhotoCamel to open up the site's many benefits and features.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week »


Share this topic:

Thread Tools
Display Modes