My 52 for 2017 - Page 10
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week
 

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #91
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 54,571
CamelKarma: 193574592
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Another very nice set of photos for week 17, Wolf.
The Anvil Cove is nice but that "Canadian Shore" vessel is actually a disguised CSIS boat whose complete crew are women and the ship's unscrambled code is "Canada Heroins".
I think those fish in ph3 have a severe case of Pink Eye.
That fish & chips meal looks yummy but I am not sure about mushy peas.
Looks like they are having a serious conversation in ph5.
Pam saves the week with her lovely smile and beautiful portrait. !!!
Cheers, Murray
Thank you for your kindly comments Murray. Much appreciated.
I had a sneaking suspicion that the "Canadian Shore" vessel looked a bit fishy.
I think they were trying to cure the fishes' Pink Eye' by putting ice on it.
Pam being British makes mushy peas almost mandatory when we go out for fish & chips.
That backdrop at Steveston Bakery seems to encourage a lot of serious conversations. If that wall had ears it would be very interesting to hear some of those discussions.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #92
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 54,571
CamelKarma: 193574592
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Week 22
Week of July 24/17

For this week we have a few (of the many) shots I took at the Annual Aggasiz Lions Club Street Meet.

1


2


3


4


5


6


7


8


9


10


11


12


13


14
This one reminded me of the Steve McQueen movie 'Bullitt'.


15


16
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #93
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
mistermonday's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,051
CamelKarma: 162276954
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Another great set of photos for week 18, Wolf.
That globe in ph1 & 2 is always a magnificent structure to see. Ph2 is an excellent view from across the water.
That "little spaceship" in ph3 looks very interesting. What is it?
I love that piano in ph5. From the surroundings it looks to me that it is waiting for someone to sit on the bench and play "Unchained Melody".
Ph6 sure looks like a bust mooring place for boats.
Looks like your wisdom took you on the right route in ph7, Wolf.
The fellow in ph 8 looks thirsty but the dude in ph9 just looks grumpy.
Looks like some diligent racers in ph11.
In ph12 those two people are quite a contrast to the ship behind them.
Wow those fruit containers are luscious looking in ph14 and ph15, but all that candy in ph16 leaves me drooling.
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #94
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
mistermonday's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,051
CamelKarma: 162276954
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Another exciting set of photos for week 19, Wolf.
That's a very nice clock in ph1. Do they call that place Gas Town because there is steam coming out of the clock?
B&W is perfect for ph2 because that street artist appears very colorful.
That fellow in ph3 looks like he is full of wind. Hmm, perhaps another reason for the name Gas Town.
That's a really nice display of art in ph4. Lots of nice colors including the old man.
That creperie wagon in ph5 looks more like a chou-chou train.
Wonderful photos of you and Pam in ph6/6a. You folks seem to be getting younger and younger. I love those paddle boats like the one in ph7.
In ph8 and 9, it looks like those little planes are much better ways to travel than the giant boats and the seals.
It was nice of you to fraternize with the tourists.
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #95
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
mistermonday's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,051
CamelKarma: 162276954
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

A very florescent set of photos for week 20, Wolf.
You folks sure have some beautiful flowers out west. Of this set, my favorites are ph1 and ph2.
I hope all the leftover smoke from the rural fires keeps away.
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #96
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 54,571
CamelKarma: 193574592
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Another great set of photos for week 18, Wolf.
That globe in ph1 & 2 is always a magnificent structure to see. Ph2 is an excellent view from across the water.
That "little spaceship" in ph3 looks very interesting. What is it?
I love that piano in ph5. From the surroundings it looks to me that it is waiting for someone to sit on the bench and play "Unchained Melody".
Ph6 sure looks like a bust mooring place for boats.
Looks like your wisdom took you on the right route in ph7, Wolf.
The fellow in ph 8 looks thirsty but the dude in ph9 just looks grumpy.
Looks like some diligent racers in ph11.
In ph12 those two people are quite a contrast to the ship behind them.
Wow those fruit containers are luscious looking in ph14 and ph15, but all that candy in ph16 leaves me drooling.
Cheers, Murray
Thanks very much for your kindly comments and encouragement Murray.
That Scienceworld globe always attracts my attention when I walk about that part of town.
The little spaceship in ph3 is the work of a local artist who wanted to improve the look of the waterfront. It looks like an alien space module had landed on the beach.
The little piano is fully functional and the signage attached to it encourages passersby to play a tune, or two.
A lot of interesting folks along that walk for sure.
Those folks in the ph11 are future dragon boat racers getting lessons on their chosen activity.
If I was a few years younger I would love to give that paddle boarding you see in ph 12 a try.
There are a lot of tempting eats in that food market. We never leave that place hungry.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #97
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 54,571
CamelKarma: 193574592
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Another exciting set of photos for week 19, Wolf.
That's a very nice clock in ph1. Do they call that place Gas Town because there is steam coming out of the clock?
B&W is perfect for ph2 because that street artist appears very colorful.
That fellow in ph3 looks like he is full of wind. Hmm, perhaps another reason for the name Gas Town.
That's a really nice display of art in ph4. Lots of nice colors including the old man.
That creperie wagon in ph5 looks more like a chou-chou train.
Wonderful photos of you and Pam in ph6/6a. You folks seem to be getting younger and younger. I love those paddle boats like the one in ph7.
In ph8 and 9, it looks like those little planes are much better ways to travel than the giant boats and the seals.
It was nice of you to fraternize with the tourists.
Cheers, Murray
Thanks very much for your very perceptive observations Murray.
Vancouver's beginnings were in Gastown - so named by the locals because the first saloon was started by Jack Deighton, known as “Gassy Jack” because he loved to talk — apparently for hours. The story goes that he rowed up with $6 in his pocket and a barrel of whisky.
That street artist in ph2 is a very interesting fellow. He uses a magnifying glass to burn images onto pieces of wood - very talented for sure.
Hahaha - the windy guy in ph3.
The fellow in ph4 is another one of the very talented artists hanging around Gastown. They do very well in the summer as a lot of cruise ships come and go about 2 blocks away giving them thousands of potential customers.
I got a kick out of the sign on that trailer in ph5 - "Caution, French Woman at Work. lol.
Must be the rejuvenating qualities in that pasta we eat regularly at the 'Old Spaghaetti Factory' restaurant that makes us look younger.
Pam and I hope to one day find the time to take one of those paddle wheeler harbour tours.
The seaplanes provide direct (approx 30 minute duration) flights from Vancouver harbour to downtown Victoria.
There are a lot of interesting torurists visiting Vancouver this time of year - we always find it interesting to mingle with them.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #98
Bactrian
 
WesternGuy's Avatar
 
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,487
CamelKarma: 6613765
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Nice shots of the vintage cars. Always interesting to see what folks have done to these "classics".

WesternGuy
__________________
“The real question is not what you look at but what you see.” Henry David Thoreau

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #99
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 54,571
CamelKarma: 193574592
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGuy View Post
Nice shots of the vintage cars. Always interesting to see what folks have done to these "classics".

WesternGuy
Yes those old cars are a labour of love for many of those folks.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #100
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 54,571
CamelKarma: 193574592
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
A very florescent set of photos for week 20, Wolf.
You folks sure have some beautiful flowers out west. Of this set, my favorites are ph1 and ph2.
I hope all the leftover smoke from the rural fires keeps away.
Cheers, Murray
Thanks very much for your kindly comments Murray.
I'm glad you liked all the flower shots.
The smoke from the nearby wildfires has made its way to our locale as well - we have had a very smoky existence for over 2 weeks now.
Luckily we are forecast for a bit of rain tonight (Saturday).
Hopefully it will be enought to 'clear the air'.


__________________
Members don't see ads in threads. Register for your free account today and become a member of PhotoCamel to open up the site's many benefits and features.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week »


Share this topic:

Thread Tools
Display Modes