2017 - A new 52 - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2017   #11
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6963012
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: 2017 - A new 52

I like the little house on the prairie, but not sure anyone wants to live there. The trees a couple posts back is pretty cool in its look too.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017   #12
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 6613765
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
I like the little house on the prairie, but not sure anyone wants to live there. The trees a couple posts back is pretty cool in its look too.
Thanks. I am not sure I would want to live there either, but at sometime in the past, somebody did.

Glad you liked the trees. At the time that was taken we were about two-thirds through a snow storm that eventually left 25-35 cm of snow around the area, depending on where you lived.

WesternGuy

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017   #13
Bactrian

Week 8, Little Tree on the Prairie,

but I really wanted the clouds. I believe they are Altostratus. I just like the linear patterns that they produced in the sky

This was shot with my 590nm converted 5D III and a 24-105L IS II lens. Processing was in Lightroom and Photoshop CC.

I am a little behind this week due to a terrible cold that put me at less than optimum for about 4 days and then I have been having severe back problems that were, hopefully, resolved for a while with that magic Kick-a-poo joy juice - Cortisone. I am also trying to fit a Photoshop course into my schedule every Wednesday night. This results in a lot of outside class work on "projects".

As usual, questions and comments are welcome.

WesternGuy

Old 03-16-2017   #14
Bactrian

Week 9 - Another tree, not on the prairie, but in the foothills.

I have used this tree before, but with a completely different sky, so I figure it is fair game to do it again, in fact, I might make this tree my new 12 month project - one pic a month on the first of each month for 12 months...

IR image taken with my 590nm 5D III converted camera and a 24-105 II lens. Processing was done in Lightroom and Photoshop.

As usual, questions and comments are welcome.

WesternGuy

P.S. I am off to the White Sands of New Mexico and places around southern NM for about ten days, so I might be a little slower in getting images posted, but I do hope to post some from the workshop when I am there.

Old 03-23-2017   #15
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 24629783

I recognize the tree from your first post in this 52. I always love your landscapes, but have to admit, I think I would rather see them in real color. Looking forward to you White Sands images.

Ceropegia on Flicker
ceropegia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017   #16
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 192827788
Editing OK?: Yes

Nice IR shots WG.
Old 03-24-2017   #17
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 923064

Nice conversion.
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017   #18
Bactrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceropegia View Post
I recognize the tree from your first post in this 52. I always love your landscapes, but have to admit, I think I would rather see them in real color. Looking forward to you White Sands images.
Thanks ceropegia. I do hope that you can appreciate that IR photography is another form of artistry that uses a camera, just like colour, and black and white. No one knows how the "colour" of an IR image should look and, to me, that is the challenge as an artist as there are so many possibilities. Not all of which I necessarily care for, but with the false colour Image that I get from my 590nm filter in my Canon 5D III, I really like the sky and the clouds that I can render from the image using the various tools at my disposal.

For me, it is just another outlet for me "creative" mind, warped as it may be.

WesternGuy

Old 03-24-2017   #19
Bactrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfd View Post
Nice IR shots WG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
Nice conversion.
Thanks guys.

WesternGuy

Old 03-29-2017   #20
Bactrian

Week 10 - Another Tree...

__________________________________________________ _______________
Well, time to start catching up. I lost a week or so as my Lightroom catalog went missing and I spent a lot of time trying to find it. It seems that it was among a series of files that were inadvertently erased from one of my drives. I found its most recent backup with the help of a software program by the name of Recova and was able to restore the catalog and with some additional updates, get things rolling again. In between, I had a trip to the White Sands of New Mexico where I spent a couple of days photographing the dunes and other parts of this interesting landscape.
__________________________________________________ _______________________

This is a black and white conversion of a 590nm false colour infrared image. It was shot northwest of Alamogordo, New Mexico.

Processing was done in Lightroom and Photoshop with the black and white conversion being done in Nik's Silver Efex Pro 2.

Questions and comments welcome.

WesternGuy

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week »

Share this topic:

Tags
clouds, ir, landscape