Night Shots
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2014   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Night Shots

Hi All,

Tried these shots with my Nikon D5200 for the first time.

Please suggest what could have been better.

Regards
Taniya

File Type: jpg DSC_0456.jpg (80.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0457.jpg (184.6 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0470.jpg (72.6 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0471.jpg (46.4 KB, 46 views)
Taniya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6617978
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Night Shots

Hi Taniya, good for you for attempting these shots. Getting track sharp photos of fireworks can be a bit of a challenge on the first try. I will assume you used a tripod with a shutter release cable. Maybe even used mirror lock up?

Exposure on these look good, as does the exposure length. You have some nice trailing of the sparks going on here. Timing also seems good as I don't see the rocket trail leading up from the ground in these. The only issue I see is that the images look a little soft as if the focus was slightly off. As I said, getting track sharp photos of fireworks can be difficult. I tend to bring my lens to infinity and then pull it back just a touch. The first few captures get closely checked and I'll adjust as needed.

Good job otherwise
Tat2Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014   #3
Vicuna

Editing OK?: Ask First

Thanks Tat
Taniya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
Former Camel

Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: No

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day »

Share this topic: